• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Headed to Wakeboard Camp soon....

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
One of my goals in my new status as retiree was my desire to tick off a few things off the list. Although i'm 50 (25 according to my inner self) i really enjoy trying new things. So in one week from today i'm heading to The Boarding School in orlando for one full week of instruction! Wish me luck!

1rjclark

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
One of my goals in my new status as retiree was my desire to tick off a few things off the list. Although i'm 50 (25 according to my inner self) i really enjoy trying new things. So in one week from today i'm heading to The Boarding School in orlando for one full week of instruction! Wish me luck!
Have fun!!!!!

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That place looks pretty cool! Have a great time! Pretty soon you will be riding like a pro.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yea I could probably use some lessons, I've kind of hit a wall on where I'm at. I wonder if there is something more local to me.

jdiaz78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have looked at that before and I just can't with young kids right now. Take some good videos of all the new tricks you learned.

wakeformer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am going to a school like this next week as well Wish me and my knees luck :)

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@wakeformer we will have to compare notes. i'm going to split my time between wakesurfing and wakeboarding. super excited to get started. hopefully the weather cooperates in oregon when i return to use my new skills.

Suchawittygal

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ah man, that is so cool! I'm looking into a wake boarding school out her in Seal Beach. Only $340 for four lessons. Just have to find the time to do it. I'm gone 16 days out of the next three weeks :(

cyberlock

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good luck. Bring the tylenol for day 2.

wakeformer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man camp was hard and I am still sore 3 days later

Had some great air but only learned to do a board grab. I did however make it wake to wake a lot which was nice.

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The camp is over and can honestly say that was one of my favorite vacations ever. I was sore for five days straight but what an opportunity to experience. i would highly recommend The Boarding School in Orlando. I can't wait until the summer is here....i've already purchased the board and bindings i was riding all week.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The camp is over and can honestly say that was one of my favorite vacations ever. I was sore for five days straight but what an opportunity to experience. i would highly recommend The Boarding School in Orlando. I can't wait until the summer is here....i've already purchased the board and bindings i was riding all week.
any special tips you would like to pass along that were helpful?
what board and bindings are you buying?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Julian Loved, loved, loved wakesurfing. but being a mastercraft x-star they could only make the curl on the port side. being goofy i ended up riding switch which limited my coordination! I want to increase the ballast on my 212x. i do have video...will try to add it.

I just bought the Ronix Code 22 with the Ronix Faith bindings. I rode that all week and even being a beginner, the board was amazing. Travis Moye, who is the pro who runs the school, swears by that board for even beginners even though the description by Ronix claims it is for advanced to expert riders. @Scottintexas

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
image.jpg

@Julian Can't get the video to upload...here's a screenshot tho!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
On the evo website the faith bindings are listed as women's bindings. Is there a men's variant or are they unisex? Also I'm 185lb and the 139cm is for up to 180lb, the 143cm is for 170lb+. I would rather have a smaller lighter board. Did they discuss the board size vs weight ratio at all?

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Uh...i bought the womens bindings because i am a female. :confused: Have no idea if there is mens version. @jetboater4life