• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Heaters...

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Anyone install a Heater Craft type heater in your jet boat? My best friend has a Ski Nautique and showed me his heater the boat came with. It is available to add to just about any boat and I can see it being very handy for late season water fun, specially here in the TVA where the weather may cool but the water stays warm late in the season. I have searched with no luck and I plan on doing this mod to my AR192 this winter along with plumbing in ballast tanks fro wake surfing etc. Any tips, tricks or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I believe JayBones did on YJB, at least it was a heater. I tried contacting him recently with no response so I think he might have sold his boat.

With the resistors on my perfect pass getting scorching hot, any reason I can't just add another blower in the engine compartment to pull the hot air up to the cabin? That is how the heater in my rear engine 1975 911s works.

I saw the post made on the other site and not real impressed with the install. I am very anal retentive when it comes to things installed... Thank you OSD... Anyway I am looking to duplicate how it was installed on my friends boat. He had a hot tube that could be pulled out and moved under a blanket or towel and one fixed vent at the drivers feet and a fixed vent on the dash for a defrost. I spoke with Heater Craft and they said people have done it with our engines and that the heat is moderate not hot. With the way the other poster installed it, it needs to run directly from the engine T-Stat to the heater core then out through the factory exit and no need for the circulation pump. The way I see it is at 100 degrees, when it is 50 out should be nice. They said on an inboard V* it gets real hot, bright side is no worries of someone getting burned.

I wonder if the pee holes could be used then? At least on plane and at speed you could route the tube up to a small radiator of sorts down by your feet or something.

Obviously never been on the midwest trip frome starved rock to peoria!
Boating with winter coats is common!
I am going to see if i find any oil coolers around my buddy's shop to see if it's effective. Winter project? I am thinking removable unit that goes down by driver's feet and is easily installed and taken out. I will keep ya updated if i find anything i can use.

I was thinking of running the pee holes through a ballast bag put in the deck. Bag could act like a giant radiator. Kinda crazy but an idea.

Well, first things first, we need to figure out where the hottest water is. I mean, a simple 12v heater may be more effective.
http://www.harborfreight.com/12v-auto-heater-defroster-with-light-60525.html
If some little trinket can do better than what we design, we are wasting our time. We are trying to heat up an open area. The wind will blow it back around and keep some of it in the boat just like pickup truck bed, but really, heat goes up, so it will be a hard effort here. Perhaps something from the thermostat, or the final exhaust cooling water pipe routed to a radiator type under the driver seat will keep the driver's feet warm. But I believe most of that water only gets to like 120 degrees.

And also why they so camper canvas @Julian . Just keeping the wind off and fixing the sun something to warm is a big accomplishment. Although the camper can as would be more expensive, it certainly expands the protects area, and if a heater of some kind is used, it will be MUCH more affective I suspect. If I were up north with a limited season, that enclosure would be one of my most important mods I would think.

Back