• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hello again

Silverfish

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hey guys I haven't been around the jet boat forums in a while. I've had a couple Yamaha jet boats and then went to the dark side and bought an inboard Centurion. Now I'm boatless again and getting the bug lol. Looking forward to catching back up!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Glad you made it! I was just talking about you a few minutes ago!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome @Silverfish. Glad that you found us. Great to have you on board again. Hopefully you'll be back in a boat soon!!!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Welcome aboard @Silverfish ! Glad to have you on board again. Yeah, boat fever...it is a drag, until you give in and enjoy again! I sold my boat last August, and with the help of all the membership here, and just loving boats in general, I held out about 4 months and bought another one! Glad to have you with us again!

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys I haven't been around the jet boat forums in a while. I've had a couple Yamaha jet boats and then went to the dark side and bought an inboard Centurion. Now I'm boatless again and getting the bug lol. Looking forward to catching back up!
Why did you get rid of your centurion ? I liked that one !!

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome Aboard!

Silverfish

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@sx210owner I loved that boat. I was really into wake surfing and it was set up for that and threw a monster wave! However, my kids are just into hanging out, swimming, and a little bit of tubing. That boat wasn't great for cruising and tubing and other stuff like that. It's more like a diesel truck, it's meant to plow through the water and make a massive wave. In short, it wasn't family friendly like a Yamaha and I actually felt a little selfish every time we went out on it. It was hard for my wife and kids to get in and out of it and my wife hated the big lean it had when I filled all the ballast up to surf. It leaned so much that the port side rub rail was touching the water! I will buy another boat for next year probably but I will go back to a family boat like a Yamaha or possibly a deck boat.

trace

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
welcome Silverfish, I remember your switch to an inboard, and now you're going back the other way, I just made the switch to an inboard, all we do anymore is surf, gotta have the right boat for how you use it. Good luck finding your next boat.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome back. We will have you in a new boat in no time. Just ask Mel.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome "back Home." Looking forward to reading more about your journey (getting a wonderful Yamaha). Happy 4th !
Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA
+             CartoonWelcomeAboard 3.jpg

Silverfish

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
welcome Silverfish, I remember your switch to an inboard, and now you're going back the other way, I just made the switch to an inboard, all we do anymore is surf, gotta have the right boat for how you use it. Good luck finding your next boat.
If my kids were old enough to get into wake surfing and/or my wife was into it I wouldn't have sold it. That boat threw a surf wave over waist tall!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome!

You should start to pick the name of your boat now. Trust me, we have known boatless folks who went and got a Yammi and haven't had a name for months afterwards...

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@sx210owner I loved that boat. I was really into wake surfing and it was set up for that and threw a monster wave! However, my kids are just into hanging out, swimming, and a little bit of tubing. That boat wasn't great for cruising and tubing and other stuff like that. It's more like a diesel truck, it's meant to plow through the water and make a massive wave. In short, it wasn't family friendly like a Yamaha and I actually felt a little selfish every time we went out on it. It was hard for my wife and kids to get in and out of it and my wife hated the big lean it had when I filled all the ballast up to surf. It leaned so much that the port side rub rail was touching the water! I will buy another boat for next year probably but I will go back to a family boat like a Yamaha or possibly a deck boat.
Thanks for the feed back , that is one thing I love about the Yamaha is that it is family friendly !! We love going to sand bars and just hanging out and what not !!!

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Silverfish , I just noticed your pic !!! Nice Mopar !!! Man I have a 1969 valiant , I used to be really into drag racing also !!! Lost a wagon on the show pinks lol , won cash on the show pass time , lol man wish you lived closer we would have to get a beer or something !!

Silverfish

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Silverfish , I just noticed your pic !!! Nice Mopar !!! Man I have a 1969 valiant , I used to be really into drag racing also !!! Lost a wagon on the show pinks lol , won cash on the show pass time , lol man wish you lived closer we would have to get a beer or something !!
@sx210owner Thats awesome! My dad and I are both big Mopar guys. The car in the pic is our heads up drag radial car. Fully street legal, 3250#, and 275 drag radials. We have been 4.95 @ 144 mph so far in the 1/8 with it. Just changed converters last night and made a few other changes hoping to get it into the 4.80s this fall. Also have a tube chassis 72 Duster, 68 Roadrunner, 70 Challenger T/A 340 six pack, 64 Plymouth Savoy, plus a couple trucks. We are planning on being at the Monster Mopar Weekend race in Norwalk, OH in September as long as nothing comes up between now and then. We went to the Monster Mopar race in Indianapolis last June and set the record in the King of the Street class at 5.04.

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bad ass !!!! If I end up being at that monster Mopar I'll have to find ya !!! The Mopar group I hang out with we're talking about going up there !!!

Silverfish

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Sounds good