• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hello

JJ-B-Boatin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hello all. Just thought I would say hi. Great forum that you have started here. I was a memeber of the "other forum" but never really posted - just read as many of the posts as possible trying to gather info about the yamaha jet boats. I have always been interested in them, however, I currently do not own a jet boat, but do hope to own one in the future. I have been around boats as long as I can remember and currently own a 2005 20' glastron. It has been a great boat, but now that I have young kids, the jet boats are becoming even more enticing to me. While I am sure I will not be purchasing for quite some time, I hope you all don't mind me hanging around, learning what I can and someday joining the rest of you with a jet boat of my own!

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello all. Just thought I winfould say hi. Great forum that you have started here. I was a memeber of the "other forum" but never really posted - just read as many of the posts as possible trying to gather info about the yamaha jet boats. I have always been interested in them, however, I currently do not own a jet boat, but do hope to own one in the future. I have been around boats as long as I can remember and currently own a 2005 20' glastron. It has been a great boat, but now that I have young kids, the jet boats are becoming even more enticing to me. While I am sure I will not be purchasing for quite some time, I hope you all don't mind me hanging around, learning what I can and someday joining the rest of you with a jet boat of my own!
Welcome aboard @JJ-B-Boatin. A lot of us did the same. Surfed the forum to gain enough info to buy. I did that for a whole year. You have found a great place to get all your questions answered. The jet boats are also great for the kids with no props and a great layout.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome Aboard!

My kids are 4 and 6. I grew up around propped boats. So it is really funny to see my kids stare at and ask questions about the sharp prop on the back of propped boats. We have so much fun hanging out at the back of our boat with no concern about a prop. I have warned them a few times when they were near the back of friends propped boats. They would never let me buy a boat with a prop.

We had a LX210 and now have a SX230. Both have been excellent boats for our family. The swim deck has been the best part of both.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad to have you join us, another good point is the longevity and reliablity of the engines, when yamaha switched to four strokes they really last so you can look at an 05 with a few hundred hours and still feel comfortable buying it,

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome JJ-B, if it's not too invasive, where are you located? If you include that info, we might be able to hook you up with a ride so you can get a better idea of what the boats are all about and what they can do.

Back when I bought mine there were very few to be seen, no less get a ride on. The dealers didn't know much about the boats - in fact, the dealer I bought mine from did not know Yamaha made 23' boats!
He said he's get back to me......ultimately he drove up to Las Vegas and found my boat.

He was like a kid on Christmas when he delivered it....went on and on about how people were honking at him on the freeway, giving him the thumbs up, asking "What kind of boat IS that?"

:cool:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Welcome @JJ-B-Boatin ! I spent 2 years cruising the forum before I ever did get one. The forum membership is what gave me the courage and knowledge to move forward! Welcome and lurk all you want!

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome JJ you will be an expert when the time comes to buy.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll add my welcome, as well. Jump on in. There is also plenty here that may apply to your current boat... Happy you joined!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad to have you. I agree with Glassman, post up your location and I'm sure you could get a ride from a member. Either way, thanks for joining the site. Hopefully you'll find what you're looking for.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome Aboard! Hope this site will help you secure a Yami in the near future!

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's the way a lot of us have done it - we visited, watched, "lurked" the other forum for a while before we were thinking about buying, and joined when it was time to buy and own. Welcome, look around, ask questions, and then join the Yamaha club when you decide it's the right time, and the right boat, for you.

JJ-B-Boatin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for warm welcome! I live in Wisconsin and most of my boating is done on the south end of lake winnebago. If the weather is really nice, we will go up towards Oshkosh and then run the river up to fremont (have not made that run in quite some time due to our kids being so young - now 2 and almost 5). If we are not on Winnebago, we are on Long Lake in Sheboygan county. It is a great lake for skiing and tubing and when not doing activities, they have a great beach for the kids. I am sure it will be many years before we trade up for the current boat suits our needs = paid for and fits in the garage. However, the 212ss is very appealing to me! So until then, I shall live through you guys! :)

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad to have you here JJ