• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help me ID those broken plastic parts

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Now Bimini dates for 2018 are set, I need to get serious about fixing damages from the 2017 trip.

Can anyone help me ID where those brown plastic parts came from ? I think they are from around the helm. It is possible that they behind the steering somewhere.....
the boats seems to work fine without them but it will be nice to know where they come from and how to replace them....

Attachments

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
They kind of look like a piece to an electrical connector or maybe something that retained a connector. Hard to believe there would be much plastic under the helm unless it was related to the electronics somewhere.

Then again you may have just found some spare junk a Yamaha tech left in there cleaning out his pockets when the boat was built in 2012 hoping that one day ...just one day, some lucky owner would stumble across his trolling parts in hopes that it would drive them crazy for years wondering where those pieces came from. Could have been from his Dodge minivan all along :D

Last edited:

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is definitely a doo-hickey.

Ok, seriously, going to go up to the boat one of these days soon and start on the new stereo HU installation and I will look around for something like that.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I know PITA. When it gets warmer, I am getting to pull the dashboard out and steering out to see if I can figure it out.:banghead:

Ben Okopnik

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Now Bimini dates for 2018 are set, I need to get serious about fixing damages from the 2017 trip.

Can anyone help me ID where those brown plastic parts came from ? I think they are from around the helm. It is possible that they behind the steering somewhere.....
the boats seems to work fine without them but it will be nice to know where they come from and how to replace them....
Try getting Yamaha support on the line, or show the pieces to a service tech. Especially for the last one, it seems like a solid bet that one of those folks would get curious and get other people involved if he didn't know the answer himself...

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Those look like engine mounts:
upload_2018-1-22_23-21-27.png

Just messing with you, @Betik.
--

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I hate you @swatski I just woke up and started looking. At this . I did. It even have my glasses on. And I kept looking at the diagram for a good 30 to 45 seconds.
Gave me a head attack at 7am :winkingthumbsup"

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am gonna get you for this LOL

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Looks like the cap to the blinker fluid reservoir. ;)

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't know which one made me giggle louder this morning, Betik actually looking at that schematic or thinking about the conversation with a Yamaha support rep asking what that part is,

@Ben Okopnik if there's one thing I've learned in 10 years about Yamaha jet boating is that "support" after the sale is very lacking and you better have a good dealer than rely on Yamaha corporate.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Betik, one thing we learn from Bimini is that if it falls off and the boat keeps going it was not that important.

For example @swatski learned that umbrellas are a perfectly good substitute for a wake tower and I learned that when Poseidon takes your glasses and your plotter mount fails it was his plan that you should follow the Greek @Betik to Bimini.

Zonie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Could you post another picture with something to show scale? Can't tell how big those parts are.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Someone is actually trying to help!!!! I think it is function the fact that we have never met. Let keep it that way until my boat is fixed and then I can show you my true colors :woot:

Attachments

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Someone is actually trying to help!!!! I think it is function the fact that we have never met. Let keep it that way until my boat is fixed and then I can show you my true colors :woot:
do they fit together one looks like it broke on the side.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I thought about that too but actually they seem to mirror each other. I am thinking that they are part of throttle system that keeps the wires in place. The groove loooks a lot like it is design to fit a wire inside .....

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Can anyone help me ID where those brown plastic parts came from ?

I tossed those in your boat in Bimini.....man it took you a LONG TIME to ask where they came from!!!!! LOL

Also just kidding!

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I got to stop reading this early in the morning. It messing with my head. LOL

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I suggest you re-evaluate who your friends are.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@buckbuck I totally agree, but if I do that then I will need to reevaluate my family.
My son like to "kill daddy " and as soon as I lie on the floor "dead" he goes. "Yeaaa, now I can step on daddy"
The nicest thing my daughter ever called me is " poop daddy" and often enough she says that she wants to put me for adaption.

If I really wanted to reevalaute, it will really be just me, my dog and my boat.

oh no, nevermind. My wife owns the boat & the truck.:banghead: