• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

@help port engine won't start

TheGreekTitan

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Neither would start, now starboard will. Not battery imo. No Chuck with key turn on port engine.

Ibn water with friends. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Have somebody stand on clean out hatch while you try to start it.

Throttle in neutral?

Wiggle safety lanyard?

Is it cranking?

Right - report back if it even cranks or whether no response when turning key.

What have you changed lately? Anything?

Report back on the fix when you have time.

I'm going to do a write-up on how to adjust the safety switches next time I pull the clean out tray. You will need some play dough to set them to alleviate the issue.

My tab says General Discussion??

@Murf'n'surf Nice way to save someone's day. @Julian , @Bruce , Do we have points for "Saved the day?" Murf'n'surf, if I recall sits by his phone so he can help other members on a regular basis.

@Murf'n'surf Nice way to save someone's day. @Julian , @Bruce , Do we have points for "Saved the day?" Murf'n'surf, if I recall sits by his phone so he can help other members on a regular basis.
Indeed I do....not waiting for at helpers but to satisfy my deep deep addiction to jetboats and this absolutely top notch base of members.

Report back on the fix when you have time.

Sorry, meant to update earlier with my intro.

The engine hatch wasn't secure apparently. I remember showing my buddy the engines while the girls were getting settled. Added a cooler to the yami cooler in the battery compartment. My guess is, I did not get the cushion back in place properly and that kept the engine compartment from closing properly.

Long story kinda short, I stepped over to the swim platform to check the clean outs. All was well. Upon stepping back in, I noticed a give/click. Tried to start the engines again, and that's when the starboard engine came to life. Thought about it for a minute, then asked my buddy to stand on the engine compartment. Bam!!!

Thankfully the day turned out awesome! I'd post a video of my friend and his wife singing karaoke after we docked, but I'd really like to be allowed back here.

Not sure about your diagnosis, is there a sensor on the engine hatch?
There isn't one on the 2014's that I'm aware of.
Sounds like your clean out hatch may have seated improperly and when you stepped onto the swim platform perhaps you closed it completely. There are cut off switches on the clean out hatch for each engine.
Anyways glad you are up and going again.
What lake in metro Atlanta are you on?

Back