• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help - Reverse bucket seal broken?

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
2019 AR195. Getting everything ready for a day on the lake tomorrow and I noticed the rubber boot around the reverse bucket linkage appears to be broken. See picture. It looks like the seal is broken where the diameter changes between the linkage and where the fitting enters the boat.

I assume this is not normal - Anybody else have this problem? Boat is only one year old.

Attachments

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Anybody have any ideas on this?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I had one of those rubber boots tear. Not sure you can ordered them separately...sea star (aka teleflex) makes the cables.

This should have no impact on water ingress into the boat. But it will reduce the life of the cable itself.

Last edited:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks everyone. I’ll contact my dealer. The boot looks dry rotted, definitely shouldn’t be for 1 season of light use.

pete4180

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That seal is gone on my boat. It broke in to pieces after two years, maybe too much power in reverse, lol. I couldn't find a replacement so I just left it like that, 2016 AR190. Let me know if you find anything