• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help With Part

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
The 232's came with a drink holder on top of the head compartment that's secured with 4 parts. One of which is a flange-type washer that goes topside on the inside of the head and then gets a plastic finish cap that snaps over it.

The parts are easily found and available. My problem/question is, these washers have rusted fairly quickly, and I'm just now getting around to replacing them. I don't want to replace them with the same part and have more rust right away.

Is there a name for this specific type of washer and where could I find them in Stainless or another boat friendly metal? Plumbing supply perhaps?

Thanks

Attachments

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
No, they don't have to be the same shape. That's why I was thinking maybe a plumbing supply store might have something.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Unless I'm not seeing this correctly...They look like caps that are designed to hide or protect someone from the otherwise exposed nut. You could try Home Depot or Lowes and see if you can get a plastic or rubber cup for a table or chair leg. Not sure what size they are in the diagram. If you have access to a 3D printer someone could make them up in plastic.

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Unless I'm not seeing this correctly...They look like caps that are designed to hide or protect someone from the otherwise exposed nut. You could try Home Depot or Lowes and see if you can get a plastic or rubber cup for a table or chair leg. Not sure what size they are in the diagram. If you have access to a 3D printer someone could make them up in plastic.
Thanks Gym. It's not the cap that I'm looking for, it's the washer. Not sure what type of washer this is. I did scour the Home Depot website and tried to find it using Bing and Google. Take a look at the pic that I attached and see if you have any ideas?

Thanks,

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I've found that a good Ace hardware has the best selection of SS hardware....

And if this is the washer on the inside of the head compartment, then you could just throw some silicon caulk over the nut to protect from scratches etc.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks Gym. It's not the cap that I'm looking for, it's the washer. Not sure what type of washer this is. I did scour the Home Depot website and tried to find it using Bing and Google. Take a look at the pic that I attached and see if you have any ideas?

Thanks,
Ok, I think I'm seeing this correctly now. The current washer with detent is designed to allow the nut to recess into the washer's detent so the cover can snap onto the washer's edge. You can get stainless steel or galvanized washers at Home Depot & Lowes. Just not sure of the size. I bought SS hardware there for mounting my UBB's. A regular flat washer will probably cause the nut to protrude too far down to reinstall the old covers so you can get some white plastic covers, also from the Depot or Lowes, fill them partially with silicone caulk and tape them over the nuts till the silicone sets up, then remove the tape.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Gym you're thinking along the same line as me. I think that I may see if they have a low profile version and try it. For a few bucks, it's worth a try.

Thanks

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Gym you're thinking along the same line as me. I think that I may see if they have a low profile version and try it. For a few bucks, it's worth a try.

Thanks
@Topper232 Even if the profile is a little high you should be able to sand/grind them down to the profile you need. Let's here how you make out. I'm sure others have the same issue as we know Yamaha is using some low grade stainless steel

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you cannot find any, would it be feasible to buy the standard type and spray paint over them to avoid rust. They will be covered by the plastic cap and not seen anyway.

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
If you cannot find any, would it be feasible to buy the standard type and spray paint over them to avoid rust. They will be covered by the plastic cap and not seen anyway.
Was thinking of that too. Just buy the new parts from Yamaha Sports Plaza and put some galvanized paint on them......thanks for the tip