• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hernando Beach / Pine Island Boating

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am looking for boating opportunities near Orlando. The Hernando Beach area appears to have inexpensive rental homes with docks and obviously the associated tidal change hassle.

Can anyone in the area provide information on the water, beaches, islands, perhaps any reefs for snorkeling in the area?

Thank you in advance.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am looking for boating opportunities near Orlando. The Hernando Beach area appears to have inexpensive rental homes with docks and obviously the associated tidal change hassle.

Can anyone in the area provide information on the water, beaches, islands, perhaps any reefs for snorkeling in the area?

Thank you in advance.
Never been down that way. We stay more near Tampa and Tarpon springs onthe gulf side.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If your looking for stuff with snorkeling in northern Florida I would probably look at the various fresh water springs in the Orlando area over the coastal areas. I could be very wrong but I don't think there is a ton of great snorkeling in the coastal areas of Northern Florida and the fresh water clear springs would offer your family a different experience.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Get with @wallacerb he went up to a spring just north of tampa thats clear as glass at 7-8 ft

wallacerb

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The park is called KP Hole.. it's on the rainbow river... awesome diving and snorkeling....

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I went out of Hernando Beach last weekend... the water is full of floating weeds!!! It is scalloping season right now, so that gives you an activity.

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We regularly launch from Hernando beach and have friends who own water front homes there. There’s no “beach” at Hernando beach. And I wouldn’t consider pine island a beach. Depending on the wind and seas the water can be super clear. On a good Saturday or Sunday there’s 200 boats hanging out at “the flats” swimming, grilling, and just hanging out. Family friendly. A short 20 mile ride south puts you in Tarpon springs where theses some really nice beaches. 15 miles north puts you in Homosassa springs where these nice snorkeling. Depending on the time of year there’s manatees to swim with. Just north of there puts you in Crystal River where there’s mire springs to swim.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Check out tarpon springs area ton of places to take boat and relax. Can run down to Clearwater if want on very short trip.

Top Bottom