• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hi everyone!

USN_Snipe4Life

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Been lurking this site for about a year now and decided to join since I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a AR240.

I'm a retired Navy Chief and ready to enjoy life with my family. We bought an older 18' Rinker Captiva 186 for cheap and love it! However my family has outgrown it very quickly. Now I've got the 2 foot 'itis and I've always been a Yamaha fan and been tracking their progress since 2004 and they have come such a long way. Every model year they come out with changes that their consumers give feedback about. It's impressive to see a company division actually do that and its why I'm shopping for one.

Look forward to being a part of the community!

Sail Safe!

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
welcome and thank you for your service

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad to have you on board, where did you retire to ?

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome!!!! Happy hunting on the new boat!
Please do not give him ideas. There are people with accents and look like Osama's illegitimate sons. My boat is fast but not quite at 2,500 feet per second.

MariusD

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Welcome! I'm new here too and looking at jet boats as well. The versatility they provide is hard to ignore.

Happy hunting and researching! It's a fun but long process if you're like me and have to know every little detail about every single boat that catches your attention. Enjoy!

USN_Snipe4Life

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome! I'm new here too and looking at jet boats as well. The versatility they provide is hard to ignore.

Happy hunting and researching! It's a fun but long process if you're like me and have to know every little detail about every single boat that catches your attention. Enjoy!
Thanks! We have been looking at them for months.

We picked one up yesterday! I'm a sparky (That's Navy slang for electrician!) and gear head so I never buy anything "Brand new".. We picked up a 2014 AR240 from a Yamaha dealer with less than 20 hours on it! Still has YES warranty until 2020! Wakeboard racks, dual batteries, thrust vectors, Big rearview mirror and JL audio speakers all around plus tower speakers amps and subwoofer! Came with yamaha mooring and shipping covers as well. I was able to pull them down below $37k I couldnt touch anything 2015+ for less than 45k and thats with higher hours and no accessories! They are nice but we kept circling back to the one we bought. Just seemed like a better deal to me. And, I couldnt justify the extra 10-15k for ones that didnt have anything added.. I loved the 2015 and 2016 when we took them out for a test run but the ones we found had high hours and no warranties.

For what we spent, I almost picked up the 2018 AR210 but, I almost got sick to my stomach because like I said, I never buy anything brand new and just cant see myself paying that sticker price!

Anyways, thanks for the warm welcome to the site and looking forward to being part of the community!

MariusD

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thanks! We have been looking at them for months.

We picked one up yesterday! I'm a sparky (That's Navy slang for electrician!) and gear head so I never buy anything "Brand new".. We picked up a 2014 AR240 from a Yamaha dealer with less than 20 hours on it! Still has YES warranty until 2020! Wakeboard racks, dual batteries, thrust vectors, Big rearview mirror and JL audio speakers all around plus tower speakers amps and subwoofer! Came with yamaha mooring and shipping covers as well. I was able to pull them down below $37k I couldnt touch anything 2015+ for less than 45k and thats with higher hours and no accessories! They are nice but we kept circling back to the one we bought. Just seemed like a better deal to me. And, I couldnt justify the extra 10-15k for ones that didnt have anything added.. I loved the 2015 and 2016 when we took them out for a test run but the ones we found had high hours and no warranties.

For what we spent, I almost picked up the 2018 AR210 but, I almost got sick to my stomach because like I said, I never buy anything brand new and just cant see myself paying that sticker price!

Anyways, thanks for the warm welcome to the site and looking forward to being part of the community!
Oh wow... Congratulations! Sounds like you found a really nicely setup boat at a good price. Those upgrades sound like quality stuff that is perfect for a pleasure boat, so to have it all setup already is super nice! Hope I can come across something similar when I get ready to pull the trigger.

Enjoy and good luck! Hope you keep us posted on where you take it out and how you like it.