• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hmmm...which one should I choose...

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Time to celebrate the successful debut of Jetboaters.net. Last year, built a bar in my basement. Nothing else to do here in Minnesota for our ten month winter...

Here's my display of the good stuff. Votes?

photo.JPG

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice Bar!
Thanks @Julian ...I'm not kidding. Not much to do here in winter unless you like winter sports, so why not? It s a great gathering place for friends and neighbors...

Best part is the back row which you cannot see...that's the bourbon/whiskey row. And to the right is a little eye candy for @txav8r ... ;)

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm taking votes for what I should toast this forum with this evening...

Suchawittygal

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would do the blue Kinky with some ice water and blueberry Crystal Light.
Of course, I'm drinking raspberry vodka, ice water, and blueberry crystal light ;)

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would do the blue Kinky with some ice water and blueberry Crystal Light.
Of course, I'm drinking raspberry vodka, ice water, and blueberry crystal light ;)
Sounds delicious!

Suchawittygal

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Actually, it is very yummy! Can't even taste the alcohol, the sign of a truly good drink.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I want one of those stogies! I'll bring the wine! Nice bar my friend! Can we smoke one down there? Up there? Hell, I don't know what's appropriate...your up there, but your bar is downstairs! After a few drinks, this will sound worse!:wacky:

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's another reason for us to move - I don't smoke them in the house because of the kids, and I'm sure as heck not going outside in -20 weather to do it either. I like cigars, but I don't like anything that much. :wideyed:

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I think I understand! I won't suffer to enjoy a good cigar either! I occasionally take a couple on a trip when working and think the FO will partake with me. Even a cold spell in Miami can make it uncomfortable to sit out very long. But on a nice night, good glass of anything, conversation, you bet! I enjoy cooking on the egg and doing that too.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice set up! I think that Plantation Rum would be my 1st choice.

You saying that there isn't much to do reminds me of a female bartender I met in Canada on a fishing trip one year. I asked her what they do during the winter when it gets dark early and stays cold all the time. Her response was classic... "We drink and screw. And to be honest with you, I don't really like to drink that much."

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I might have laid over with her...

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice set up! I think that Plantation Rum would be my 1st choice.

You saying that there isn't much to do reminds me of a female bartender I met in Canada on a fishing trip one year. I asked her what they do during the winter when it gets dark early and stays cold all the time. Her response was classic... "We drink and screw. And to be honest with you, I don't really like to drink that much."
Yep. To all those things, including the Plantation Rum. :cool:

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you like Rum I would also suggest Appleton Estates 12yr. I purchased some the last time I was in Jamaica and loved it! It was fairly cheap in Jamaica, but very expensive over here. I believe they even have a 21yr rum but it is a little above my budget. And they have a 50yr rum but it is WAY over my budget!

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you like Rum I would also suggest Appleton Estates 12yr. I purchased some the last time I was in Jamaica and loved it! It was fairly cheap in Jamaica, but very expensive over here. I believe they even have a 21yr rum but it is a little above my budget. And they have a 50yr rum but it is WAY over my budget!
I will give that one a shot for sure - I love rum. Most of the summer, my go-to drink is good rum with lime and a splash of tonic. One for you to try - Kirk & Sweeney, the squat bottle second from the left in the photo. Very, very carmely and wonderful even just on the rocks...and if you like tequila, and of the skull tequilas by Kah are amazing.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will try and find some Kirk & Sweeney, I have never heard of it before but it sounds good.

I only tried tequila one time. And as far as I can remember it was the only time that I have ever truly projectile vomited in my entire life. The fact that I had already been drinking for several hours probably didn't help anything, but I vowed then to NEVER to drink tequila again. That has been almost 15 years ago...

RumDiet

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
According to James Taylor - "Rum is the only drink suitable to mankind" My preference is Captain Morgan Silver - hard to find but well worth it. Appleton is good also.

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice setup! Could you share any info on the ice machine? I have space in my bar for either a keg fridge, dish washer or ice maker and can't make up my mind. I just bought an upright freezer so that may negate the need for icemaker but I am still considering it.

Thanks!

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice setup! Could you share any info on the ice machine? I have space in my bar for either a keg fridge, dish washer or ice maker and can't make up my mind. I just bought an upright freezer so that may negate the need for icemaker but I am still considering it.

Thanks!
Sorry - I've been away for a while. The ice machine is the Bluestone BCIM65, found here:

http://www.bluestoneappliance.com/products/ice-machines/bcim65

Love the machine. Makes great ice, clear ice if you use a filter with it, and produces about 3 large bags (the 25 lb size) a day if you keep it going. It requires either a floor drain or a condensation pump and a sink nearby. It's 18 inches wide and designed to be installed under a counter (it has front vents for that reason.) It is also very loud, so don't locate it near a sleeping area. Like we did.

:(

---Lee