• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Holy Sticker Shock

Wishfull1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So... this guy at the dock wanted to "help" hold my boat. He didn't do a very good job of it and let this gnarly post clamp tear up my decals. Luckily no gel damage.

Oh well, the graphics are cheap enough I thought since I looked at them once before as a "what if". I ordered them and I have already received Graphic K (upper graphic) for $25. Then I get a phone call saying Graphic 1 is now $500? Say what, surely there must be some sort of mistake. Nope! Yamaha says they have changed suppliers for the graphic and now that is the price as of the July/August price list.

Some websites still list the old price, but they have canceled my order. Others are starting to list at the new price of $500

I really like to look of my boat with decals, but at this price, I will have to live with it or desticker it.

If you are thinking of replacing any decals, get them now. Who knows what type of sticker shock you are in for later.

1597684719656.png
1597685246359.png

Attachments

Last edited:

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Crazy. I'd check with some local sign/vinyl places - bet they could do a spot on job at getting a close match. Not like you can see both sides of your boat at the same time.

Diablo243

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
any decent sign/vinyl shop should be able to recreate them well under $500 but more than $25

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
That is insane.....so now on top of these boats selling for MSRP+++++ Yamaha raises the replacement graphics by 12,000%......reminds me of the young punk that bought a pharma company and the pills skyrocketed on people a few years ago.....maybe his brother is now working for Yamaha.....

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Cleveland Steamer

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Honestly, if I owned your boat and had those minor decal scuffs I wouldn’t bother changing it out. I like keeping my boat looking perfect too but I have a similar mark on one of my decals and shrug it off as a decal and not the gel coat.

If anything it might be time to do a whole new decal set on your boat. Someone on here posted a company that had custom decal kits for our boats and they looked sick. I’d love to get a whole new color/design..

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
This why we don't let others help with docking or launching. Most people are good and care about their boats, but some don't care.

Something similar happened to us last weekend but it was our fault - the small silver pinstripe I thought was part of the colour scheme is just a sticker. We use Danik hooks for our fenders and added one for the stern cleat - big mistake, the hook is hard plastic and rubbed/broke the pinstripe while docked. We removed the hook and went back to just tying it on the cleat, but the damage is done. I plan to heat it up with a blow dryer and smooth it out and seal it with clear silicone once the rain stops. But it's our first "mark" on the new boat. Ugh.

Worst case scenario for us is that we like a "clean" look, so the pinstripe may come off.
:)

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
"Sticker Shock"..... nice! :winkingthumbsup"

Guess they don't want to sell replacement stickers anymore!
Sounds like a new boat name... to go in the place of the old stickers ;)

Wishfull1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great name, but can't rename it now. Legend has it, we will sink and die. :D

Thanks for the input guys.

Epsmith19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
I would go w the clean stickerless look. Much classier IMO

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
DeSticker and Debadge. Show off the natural curves and clean lines of your boat. I've never understood the fancy stickers that Yamaha throws on the side of their boats. Sometimes less is more...

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I agree with the less is more when it comes to decals. Thats what my wife and I liked about the 212S models. Maybe I am just showing my age 😬