• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

home improvement

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I do everything on my house from general repair to full blown additions. Every house I've bought has been a substantial fixer-upper..........I found this pie chart quite accurate.

IMG_2346.JPG

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
That is a pretty good pie chart! For me, I have to reduce the "actual work" column by 8% and add that to the "planning/thinking/staring into space" column. As a matter of fact, I might want to create a piece of pie just for staring into space...because it might actually be its own "food group" so to speak!:cyclops:

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's pretty good, I like it. I've managed to reduce the slice for tool hunting down a bit though.

I went and purchased four of just about everything.

I don't find anything that much faster, but I have 3 more places to look! :cool:

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Its a guy chart, written by a woman. Obviously she knew there was no actual planning going on. Lol:)

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I think it is missing a Pie Slice for:

"Swearing about the previous owner's incompetence and pondering on WHAT THE F'ING HELL was he thinking when he did "X""

Which the new owners will do about our work...but hey....its all fair!

Examples:
  • Brass threshold strip at entrance to 1/2 bath between hardwood floors and ceramic tile - brass strip installed first and tile layed over it! WTF
  • Peep hole installed in front door at 6'3" height
  • Same peep hole above drilled in at 75 degree angle vs 90 degree (the angle the door would be at if you had a foot in it looking for the drill to come through the other side!)

jonw9

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Drinking coffee (before 11 am)
Drinking beer (11:01 forward)

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Totally agree and as much as I look like a tool when I put on the tool belt, I find when I take that extra minute, I save hours. Everything is right in my belt

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It stays about the same when you build your own house.

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Need a slice for the trips to the medical station. I've known guys that injure themselves every time they pick up a tool. Me...only serious thing that happened was when I had a drill bit (still attached to the drill but not spinning) go through my toe. Yeah...that hurt like a B!t@h.

Also, what about no time to work on projects because I am out boating? It seems all my projects have come to a halt ever since I got this boat. Damn, I was behind big time before but now its ridiculous how far behind I am.

jonw9

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Also, what about no time to work on projects because I am out boating? It seems all my projects have come to a halt ever since I got this boat. Damn, I was behind big time before but now its ridiculous how far behind I am.
That is what winter is for, time to catch up on the list. I feel sad for those unfortunate folks that are able to boat year around and never get the time to work on the house.... :rolleyes:

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
100% Accurate...

Suchawittygal

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
LOL..for Danny (@DawgDaze ), we'd have to get rid of the 8% coffee, move that over to the Trips to Home Depot (or Lowes in our case), then increase that piece of pie to about 60%. He spends 60% of his time (and our money) there. :p

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is what winter is for, time to catch up on the list. I feel sad for those unfortunate folks that are able to boat year around and never get the time to work on the house.... :rolleyes:
Ohh...no...no...no...The winter is now reserved for boat mods...forget the house projects. But don't let my wife see this comment :D

Funny (or maybe not) how I was supposed to get some projects done when I got the boat and they have not been completed as of yet. I am having too much fun with the boat:)

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Someone say pie? :hungry:

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lol

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Totally agree and as much as I look like a tool when I put on the tool belt, I find when I take that extra minute, I save hours. Everything is right in my belt
"Tool" belt ". I've been doing it wrong!?!?!??
image.jpg "

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A bit of advise if I may. While finishing my basement my wife comes down stairs to check progress and offers to help :rolleyes: She decides to have a seat on the second to last stair right where I'm building an interior wall - with a nail gun - which just happens to be the exact location that the 2x4 I'm working on lays. I'm immediately thinking why the hell did you sit there knowing I have a nail gun in hand aimed just below where your sitting? :banghead: So I pause, engage in idle chit chat, then resume building. As I lower the nail gun - I'm nailing the top plate to the studs - she says "should I move?", I said naw you're good :winkingthumbsup" I won't miss! I hit the top plate with the nail gun (of course I'm already holding the trigger down being that I'm pretty confidant with my gun) and wala the next stud is done. So I move 16" down to the next stud (Yep she's still within striking distance) hit it twice and as I moving to the end stud I hear a nail dancing on the concrete floor next to the stairs. Humm - funny, where the hell did that come from? As I slide my foot back toward the stud I just thought I nailed, I hit it with my foot and it completely moves! WOW, I missed! Of course this all happens in few seconds so as I look up at my wife (I'm thinking to my self there's no way that I just did what I'm thinking I just did) she has this look of OMG - eye's wide :wideyed: with hands on her knees. (Yep, now I'm looking for blood) she looks back down between her legs and then I see it, a nail dead center between her legs about 3 inches below her - well, you know. She was smart enough to keep her legs closed and turned just slightly when I was firing dead on but her legs were turned, just enough, to the side I was moving too. What the hell do you say in situation like this? Well genius me says - that was close, after all this is a construction zone!:asshat: She just got up and walked away! It still makes me cringe thinking about it. She NOW laughs about it - thankfully.