• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How many use Dock Whips?

Kane

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
So I just added an 8x12 section of Floe Dock to my Brothers existing dock. I added Dock Mate Whips and I think they will work out great but time will tell. How many use them and have there been any issues or wear/rash on the boat because of them?

Thanksimage.pngimage.jpeg

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm on a lift so, nope - but my neighbor uses them for his boat and swears by them. As long as they're sized properly! I was looking at them seriously too before we decided on the lift instead.
I would think that your success rate would vary with tides (if any) and prevailing winds. They're certainly going to be kinder on the boat than fenders though...

bumpy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes, I have used them for 10+ years without problems, but I did not use my spring line this year and got bad whip rash. I see on your pic that you use a spring line to the center cleat; don't get lazy like I did!

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yes, I have used them for 10+ years without problems, but I did not use my spring line this year and got bad whip rash. I see on your pic that you use a spring line to the center cleat; don't get lazy like I did!
I've been on the fence for these for a while now. Cost being the biggest deterrent. I Don't know what the above is in reference too. spring line and whip rash ?

I've been looking for a base of sorts and was going to try and make my own out of tent poles.

Kane

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
That's too bad on the rash. I run the spring line for a couple reasons, one being we are fairly shallow and the other is the giant Bimini on the boat!! I'm tempted to also attach the spring to the front as well, but probably overkill...

bumpy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I spent some time yesterday working on the rash ( contact damage to the gel coat) with a 3M Cleaner/Polish; more than half is gone! Maybe I won't have to repair the gel coat. The spring line we're talking about is a line from the back or front dock cleat to the middle cleat on the boat. It limits fore and aft motion and rocking.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length