• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How often do you wash your boat?

Do you wash your boat after every outting?

• Absolutley! Everytime! ...Unless I let it go once, but never twice!

• I wash every couple of outings

• I wash it when its trashed out

• Every couple of months

• Once a season

Results are only viewable after voting.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I received a nice compliment from my neighbor this evening when I was washing down the boat. He said that he was impressed with the level of care I've shown since getting my boat. He's went on to say that he's seen me wash my boat every time I come back from the lake, and how the boat looks showroom new.

This exchange got me wondering, how often does everyone wash their boat?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If I washed my boat after every time I took it out someone would report me for wasting water during a drought for sure. drought or not I usually only wash it at the start of the season, unless i boat in salt water in which case I will rinse it and the trailer down as well as flush the engines within a few hours of getting the boat on the trailer.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Every time we come off the water I wash the boat with the water from the coolers. ;)

It's usually so hot that by the time the boat is dry, so is the ground. :winkingthumbsup"

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have never washed my boat but my wife, kids and I wipe down the whole boat, inside and out including trailer using vinegar water and/or hot sauce after we pull it out of the lake before leaving for home. It's usually spotless as we are leaving for home! :thumbsup:

ratchetdu

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
I wash it about 3x a season. Once in the spring (February. Gets waxed then too), once mid season, and again in the fall before it gets put away. Our season is quite long and usually begins mid March and goes until mid October. We have taken it out in November and December before too though...

We also wipe it down at the ramp as soon as it comes out of the water with the vinegar/water mixture. Everyone that goes out knows to grab a spray bottle and a towel when we get back to the ramp and its spotless in 15 minutes inside and out ready to go for the next time...

I too get compliments all the time on how good it looks for a 10 year old boat...

ruztew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Really depends on salt vs fresh water use.... the upkeep with salt water is so much more than fresh water.... I wash my boat down every use to get the salt off

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
If you are talking about the outer hull...it only gets washed when I pull her out to go visit another lake.

The interior gets cleaned every outing as I keep boat rags on board and grab them frequently while boating.

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
After ever outing. The only time I have not is if we get back very late and do not want to wake the neighbors. However clean here the next morning. I think I missed one clean due to severe rain.

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I wet slip so that limits my opportunities for a good exterior wash with soap, etc. However, I keep a pole brush on board in the ski locker and give the hull a scrub every few outings to keep the scum from accumulating under the waterline. I also keep a chamois on board and that is great for wiping down the interior and everything I can reach on the exterior each outing. I just bought some hot sauce and vinyl sauce and put them on the boat yesterday along with some rags, that should help as well.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
After a few river runs, the hull starts getting that green/brown gunk on it and we (that is, my children) go to work washing.

I admit to letting it get a little spotty looking on the outside, but there is always a coat of wax / Hot Sauce under there to protect the investment. A wash job, some vinegar to get rid of the hard water spots, and the buffer bring her back to showroom new. (Granted, finding time for that is tough. Usually she gets the "full treatment" once a year.)

I'm more anal about the inside of the boat. Spots on cushions are hit immediately with Vinyl Sauce and then Condition Sauce.

I've found that the pump hand sanitizer is great for "emergency" spot cleaning. Like when a bird leaves you with processed berries from the windshield to the bow. Oh... For a shotgun that day.....

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Salt water use = wash every time. Often just a quick hose down with Salt Away and a rinse for the hull, pretty much a full wipe down inside. On a warm day, run your hand over the gel coat and it's going to come up covered in salt. Even though my neighbor's theory is that "it'll wash off when we use the boat tomorrow", I just can't leave that!

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Buddy of mine is a local fishermen who trailers his boat (like I do my 242X). I now do what he does-

We have an external self wash station near our home.
We unload the boat on the ramp and I grab a half bucket of fresh water and place in boat.

I pull to wash station & pay $2.25 for pressure, soap.

I then use my bucket of water, soap and brush to further sud & scrub.

Then $2.25 for pressure rinse.

When home, just cover (if boating in fresh water; flush otherwise) & ready for next trip.

Keep this in boat.
Boat hook/brush is West Marine thing.

Attachments

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Take the boat out = wash/detail the boat (in and out) and flush the engines.

Of course we also boat in the ICW and the Gulf of Mexio... sooo yeah, that can just get nasty.
But then I also wax the hull about every other month as well.

Devildog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Every time we anchor, I use a soft brush to clean up the exterior. I will use Ducky cleaner/water spot remove after getting rid of all of the green gunk. Ducky is fine, but after I use it all, I plan to try a bottle of the exterior Boat Bling product.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Take the boat out = wash/detail the boat (in and out) and flush the engines.
Same for me as well. Important for me in the Salt Water. Longest mine is in the water is 3-5 days then back to the Boatel wash rack for a full detail inside and out and flushing

IvanS

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I only boat in fresh water and I wash my boat every time I finish boating. I have never store my boat in the garage "dirty". If Im going to use it 2 times in a weekend that is 2 times I will wash it.
I like to see it clean and shine every time I take it from my garage :D

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wet slip. Typically trailer 2x per year. Boat gets washed and waxed at least 1x per year when she is out. Outwise the hull is hot sauced front to back on the lift after each outing and the interior is cleaned and conditioned as needed

tocelli

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not necessarily wash but I dry my boat after every use and use Hot Sauce every time. Numerous compliments on how good the boat looks.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wipe off and clean up any dirt after each use for sure...washing every time with soap, water, etc. seems like a waste of water unless it needs it. Salt water I can understand.