• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How to remove the impeller <Mercury Jet pump on sea raider>

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
こんにちは
私はマーキュリーのエンジンを搭載したボートを所有しています。
searay rayderF16と言うボートを所有しています。
ボート番号US-SERR7475-H697エンジン番号0E185640で1997年製造です。MERCURYのエンジンを搭載しています。
キャビテーションが発生しています。
修理の為にインペラーをはずさなくてはいけません。
はずし方を教えてください。
サービスマニュアルを購入しましたが掲載されていませんでした。
インペラーボルトを時計と反対周りで回せばはずれますか?
引っ張ればはずれますか?
どうか私を助けてください。
Hello
I own a boat with a Mercury engine.
I own a boat called searay rayder F16.
Boat number US-SERR7475-H697 Engine number 0E185640 manufactured in 1997. It is equipped with a MERCURY engine.
Cavitation is occurring.
I have to remove the impeller for repair.
Please tell me how to remove it.
I purchased a service manual, but it was not posted.
Will the impeller bolt come off if I turn it counterclockwise?
Will it come off if I pull it?
Please help me.

Attachments

• Collage 2022-01-21 06_33_16.jpg
    Collage 2022-01-21 06_33_16.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Collage 2022-01-21 06_31_14.jpg
    Collage 2022-01-21 06_31_14.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 5
Most impellers are require counterclockwise removal. It will be the opposite direction from the engine rotation. That looks pretty rusted...so it will take a LOT of leverage to break it free. Some people put the shaft of the pump under a truck tire to hold it down and then use a large wrench with a steel pipe over it to get maximum leverage.

回答ありがとう。ナットを反時計回りに回せば外れるのですね。しかしマーキュリーのジェットドライブはシャフトが簡単に抜けない作りになっているようです。困った。thank you for your answer. You can remove it by turning the nut counterclockwise. However, Mercury's jet drive seems to be made so that the shaft does not come off easily. I was in trouble.

回答ありがとう。ナットを反時計回りに回せば外れるのですね。しかしマーキュリーのジェットドライブはシャフトが簡単に抜けない作りになっているようです。困った。thank you for your answer. You can remove it by turning the nut counterclockwise. However, Mercury's jet drive seems to be made so that the shaft does not come off easily. I was in trouble.
Shaft couplings can be a bear to break apart too! We had a member that tied a strap to the back of his truck and used it to put pressure on the pump.....it worked eventually, but when it finally broke loose it went through the back window of the vehicle!

I had two jet boats with Mercury sport jet pumps and engines. I replaced the impeller on one of them with an after market unit.

that stated:
1. You need an impeller tool, similar to the one pictured, to remove the impeller. I paid around $60 for it over 10 years ago and used it once. It’s really just a deep socket but has something like a 1 13/16” opening so it’s not something you can easily get at your local hardware or auto parts store.

2. check out this link. I think it should tell you what you need to know.

Good luck.
827B7BCA-38D9-4F2E-AAC0-777F3D0BE480.png

MERCURYスポーツジェットのエンジンに取り付けられているアノードはどこにありますか?

Back