• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How to use the @ feature for a member that has spaces in their name?

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Subject says it all. The member "Jump Right In" has spaces in his name. I tried @Jump Right In, @"Jump Right In", @(Jump Right In), @[Jump Right In], @{Jump Right In}, @Jump_Right_In but nothing worked. Any ideas on how to do it?

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It looks like the 1st one worked.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Screen Shot 2014-04-14 at 12.21.04 PM.png a box will pop up below your typing with a list of user names to select from. If you click on the user whose name you are typing it will auto complete the username and the notification will be made.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You should only need to type the first 3 letters of his name @jetboater4life and it will pop up a dropdown of usernames you can select from (if there are multiple with those first 3 letters....like JET!). If they have 2 letters....then we may want to suggest to those members to remove the space or put a character in there for ease of use....not sure if we have any with only 2 letters then a space though.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
sometimes it takes a minute for the dropdown box of user names to come up for me, usually it appears almost instantly and other times it takes almost a minute for it to appear,

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yea, I guess I am not patient enough because it was not showing up with the drop down menu. When I tried it just now it showed up right away, but when I typed my first message above it did not. It seemed like it recognized it sometime after I hit the post reply button.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For me it seems to always pop up when I type the 4th character. I assume that the slow popup is when less than four characters have been typed? For example

Screen Shot 2014-04-14 at 1.47.06 PM.png

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Mine is popping up really fast. Here is the problem though. I type really fast and what I think was happening was I was typing Jump Right In so fast that it was just blinking for a split second and I didn't see it. I found that the box disappears after the second space.

Edit: I need to clarify what I said above. I had thought that when you type @Bruce without selecting from the box that it highlighted the name in blue before you hit the Post Reply button. For some reason I was looking for that to happen as I thought I had seen it before. Now it doesn't seem to happen as @Bruce is not highlighted until I hit the button.

Last edited: