• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hull Damage

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I went with the 12' 3M Gator Guard per the recommendation of the shop I used. The main reason for the 3M vs. the Mega was the shop felt it would bend better around the prominent flair in the keel as your get towards the back of the boat.

I went with 12' because of coverage. The shop also noted that you should only start your keel guard at the resting water line, not higher towards the tow hook.View attachment 107387View attachment 107388View attachment 107389
Aloha @Shady28 WOW that’s how u had urs installed. it can be installed on the trailer correct. I was thinking a 12’er would work...

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IM SO FRUSTRATED😫, went to that link from @seanmclean to order the Spectrum repair kit, clicked on add to cart. Then go to pay add shipping address and then BOOM product will not ship to Hawaii.😤😤😤 Unreal!

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Aloha Gang does anybody know where else besides iboat.com that carries the Spectrum Gel Coat repair kit? Any help would be greatly appreciated.🤙🏽

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Shady28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Otherwise rkim, call a few of the local fiberglass boat repair shops and see if they stock it or can get it for you. Spectrum is a pretty regular product for a repair shop, my local dealer actually had the white on hand that I needed for a repair this summer - Next day courier to northern MN for $12!

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Otherwise rkim, call a few of the local fiberglass boat repair shops and see if they stock it or can get it for you. Spectrum is a pretty regular product for a repair shop, my local dealer actually had the white on hand that I needed for a repair this summer - Next day courier to northern MN for $12!
U think ur local dealer might have the yamaha black kit? Can u shoot me there contact info, maybe they would ship to Hawaii. And yes already tried the local repair shops on my island, only one shop had anything similar but only in white.

Shady28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score