• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I know some of you enjoy cigars - share!

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just finished a Manuel Quesada 70th Anniversary. I've never tried them before and bought a box on sale from CI. It is excellent! A little ashy for the boat though, so be careful. Definitely worth looking into.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm gonna cross post here, but this is the only pic I want from my shitshow of a day today

Brake job on the car turned into a rotor and caliper replacement on one side only, with the other side to be done next Wednesday, had to sledge the caliper off the rotor, the wife jacked my air hose reel up, requiring replacement...unwound with cocktails at the neighbors, and now it's time for a smokey treat and some Scotch that is now gone. Apparently, my phone doesn't want to cooperate with me either...

Perdomo Lot 23 Maduro Gordito and a 375ml from the Grangestone flight, Sherry Cask finished. FML and loving it all at the same time. Where's the smiley for that?

IMG_20200423_230205664.jpg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nub stand! Nub Cain F. Been a loooong time since I had one of these. Glad I had a nice big dinner, because I remember these putting me on my ass when I tried one on an empty stomach

Too much chrome and crappy lighting for a good pic, but it's the best I could do.

IMG_20200508_215457095.jpg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I got two presents last weekend, so I figured I'd share/humblebrag.

Son got me several cigars, and my wife's cousin got me a bottle of whiskey. On the menu for this evening, a Fuente Opus X with a glass of Crown XR. Today, it's a heck of a fine day

IMG_20200619_200921782.jpg

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Had a Perdoma Lot 23 finally. Excellent! Had to try it to believe it.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I'm sitting here reading the forums and enjoying the last cigar of a box I split with my FIL before he was killed, and wishing I could share with him the great group of people I have found on this forum.

My absolute favorite smoke is a Perdomo Lot 23, and he was a fan from the first one I shared with him. It's not the "best" stick I've had, but it's such an all-around good smoke, in addition to the memory of him, that I think I'll always be keeping a box on hand, if possible.

My "best" are two different smokes, Nub Cameroon and Rocky Patel's Vintage 2003 Cameroon. I think they're both stellar in their own way. Difficult to keep, but I think a higher humidity is the key to getting them not to split before I can smoke 'em, and I've been having enough luck with them that I'm considering a box of each pretty soon.

What are some of the smokes you guys enjoy?
@drewkaree ....in Cuba: Montechristos, Cohibas, some Churchills and RyJs....watch them roll them at a factory and also at a demonstration in Varadaro a few years back. Brought back boxes many times to pair with Talisker, Abelour A'BUNADH Batch #9, Dalwhinnie, Cardhu and a favourite Pappy VW form long ago - no, not Buffalo Trace modern! Great cigars and scotches were made for each other.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Paired the above with some Eagle Rare, and moved to the gift of Crown Royal XR before it was finished - last night was a night for me to remember, that had no special occasion tied to it, only enjoyed it with family and great friends! The night went long, and we put a sizeable dent in the wife's cousin's bottle of Crown, as well as his head, elbow, and knees (don't ask 🙄😂).

Plans were tentatively made for next weekend for boating up the mighty Mississippi, and this post is to help remember what the heck we considered adding to our memories lol

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Paired the above with some Eagle Rare, and moved to the gift of Crown Royal XR before it was finished - last night was a night for me to remember, that had no special occasion tied to it, only enjoyed it with family and great friends! The night went long, and we put a sizeable dent in the wife's cousin's bottle of Crown, as well as his head, elbow, and knees (don't ask 🙄😂).

Plans were tentatively made for next weekend for boating up the mighty Mississippi, and this post is to help remember what the heck we considered adding to our memories lol
Nice post! Sounds like a great night!

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Not sure if I mentioned this place before, but just in case, check these guys out.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not sure if I mentioned this place before, but just in case, check these guys out.

I really dig the looks of some of those barber poles they have, not sure how they smoke, but I'm definitely intrigued! I might be placing an order with them soon - also saw some candela's that looked reasonably priced. I haven't ever smoked a candela wrapper, but I've heard good things. Thanks for the link!

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’ve only tried the Miami Triple Wraps. Felt like a tourist buying them because they look like a novelty cigar, but went in with a neighbor who wanted to try them. Turned out to be great. A distinct flavor all the way through. They even threw in a sample cigar as a thank you. The candela’s look good but I wonder if they are too mild. Their five packs are reasonable so maybe I’ll try them. The trifectas smoke are suppose to start out mild, goes to medium and ends in full. Sounds interesting.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Start to a long weekend at the lake house, La Flor Dominicana and a water. I've had a Maduro several times, and I was looking to split a box with a buddy, but I wanted to try whatever this wrapper is first, and I'll end up bidding on a box for myself on CigarBid. Definitely an after dinner smoke for me, these really pack a punch, and I don't want to have one on an empty stomach again.

Got the kids and grandkids coming up tomorrow and I have one daughter-in-law that I know doesn't like her son around the smoke, but doesn't mind ME smoking (and she doesn't smoke around her son either), so I try to accommodate her and keep him away. I did tell her that I will be the grandpa that gets him his first cigar and beer, and she laughs at me...that's what grandpa's are for, right? Teaching them lessons, but helping them cross the line safely...no?Just me? 😁IMG_20200903_185649906~2.jpg

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Everyone needs a grandpa like you. Tell her you're adding years to her son's life. Cigar smoking relieves stress and I haven't been sick since I've been smoking cigars. Going on 30 years now. I saw an interview on TV with someone who was 108 ( or something like that) and he attributed his longevity to cigars, bourbon and God. Another story to share is Dennis Prager (Cigar advocate) who tells the story of having a cigar and two martinis with George Burns. Dennis asked George what his doctor says about his lifestyle. George said his doctor is dead. Ha! Have a great weekend!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Saturday party prep - Christmas party with the neighbors, and he and I went out to get "supplies". Stopped by to pick up a smoke, I haven't been to the smoke shop here in Appleton.

Turning out to be a good start to the day!

IMG_20201219_123613188.jpg

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’ve always enjoyed a cigar here and there when golfing or camping but just a few a year. My hobby was just accelerated by my best friend buying me a box of padron 2000 cigars to congratulate me on a new baby. Smoking 26 cigars with a new baby isn’t going to happen any time soon so I put together a “tupperdor” to keep them fresh for when I can smoke one here and there. Looking forward to adding a few others to mix it up a bit.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’ve always enjoyed a cigar here and there when golfing or camping but just a few a year. My hobby was just accelerated by my best friend buying me a box of padron 2000 cigars to congratulate me on a new baby. Smoking 26 cigars with a new baby isn’t going to happen any time soon so I put together a “tupperdor” to keep them fresh for when I can smoke one here and there. Looking forward to adding a few others to mix it up a bit.
Congratulations!! And that's a really nice gift...Enjoy!

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Glad this thread popped up today...inspired me to smoke one.

My beverage is not quite as classy as most on this thread but it’s a damn good beer!

02A33AE7-501E-4DAA-B9D9-809F2E90EA44.jpeg