• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I wish I had with me!?!?!?

Bananas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just looking to put a container together with things that I will not to make the day a wash out. Please post what would have made to day not a wash out.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Basic took box. I was able to disconnect the lanyard switch when it failed and save the day.

Cell phone and/or vhf (depending on distance from shore, if cell don't work, sol) ran out of fuel once. Most expensive fuel I ever paid, but they brought it to me and i made it back. Day was still pretty good.

Jump box/battery charger/tools to go to auto part to replace battery.

These have saved me before.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I thought of these this weekend that I didn't carry with my all last season, but will starting on my next outing.

For the Trailer:
Lug wrench and jack for the boat in case of flat.
Spare tire for the boat (I still can't believe this doesn't come with the trailer)
Spare locking pin for the tongue (drove off without the lock pinned down twice now)

Boat:
Spare key in the dry box
Small tool kit (basically a leathermans worth of tools, and a spark plug socket)
Pocket knife (Wal-Mart sells a $1 knife that is sharp for a few uses, I keep several on board, if it gets dropped, no big deal)
Stash of Micro-Fber Towels
USB/12V powered fan.....Had a couple feel "heat exhausted" while on the boat. Soak a towel in water, lay them in the shade, and throw a fan on them.
100 ft of generic 3/8in line......No idea when you need to tie something to something else.

Big Clear Tarp/Drop Cloth and some spring clamps........This sounds wierd, but if a storm/shower blows up I can toss it over the bimini, clamp it around the edge of the boat with some spring clips, and keep MOST of the people and stuff inside dry. It looks absolutely ridiculous, but was cheaper than a camper canvas, and works. We got SOAKED on Memorial Day last year without this, and have weathered a few storms/squalls/showers since with it. You can't get on plane with it, but you can motor around over idle speed with it and still remain dry. The clear-ness of it keeps everyone from feeling claustrophobic, and aids in navigation while attempting to return to dock (or any other shelter you can find near the water to let it pass).

tim h

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Bananas and boats.... Not a good combination. Just sayin'
;)

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Big Clear Tarp/Drop Cloth and some spring clamps........This sounds wierd, but if a storm/shower blows up I can toss it over the bimini, clamp it around the edge of the boat with some spring clips, and keep MOST of the people and stuff inside dry. It looks absolutely ridiculous, but was cheaper than a camper canvas, and works. We got SOAKED on Memorial Day last year without this, and have weathered a few storms/squalls/showers since with it. You can't get on plane with it, but you can motor around over idle speed with it and still remain dry. The clear-ness of it keeps everyone from feeling claustrophobic, and aids in navigation while attempting to return to dock (or any other shelter you can find near the water to let it pass).
I like this idea!...andI will be stealing it.

So I won't be hijacking the thread...a first aid kit that includes maxi pads. They work great in a situation where someone opens up a large cut. That reminds me that my last one got used last year when a friend cut the bottom of his foot...need to put some more on board.

If you don't want to buy them at a store, you can buy expensive trauma clotting pads instead...but they do the same thing.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Big Clear Tarp/Drop Cloth
Got a link to what you are describing here? I like this idea.....we got caught in a squall while fishing in Bimini, and we got soaked.....even just having one side covered would help.

Bananas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got a link to what you are describing here? I like this idea.....we got caught in a squall while fishing in Bimini, and we got soaked.....even just having one side covered would help.
I few of us got caught in a bad storm we just jumped off the Skis and held on to the back of the ski. I wish I had a helmet...

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I forget how thick the one I got was. I want to say 2mil maybe? It's essentially a drop cloth that I cut to length (and used the remainder when painting the house). Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Frost-King-P1250R-Strength-Sheeting/dp/B01MYXLFMK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1526919843&sr=8-3&keywords=Clear+Plastic+Tarp I think I got mine at Home Depot though.

Then something like these: https://www.amazon.com/EACHPOLE-10-Pack-Improvement-Projects-Photography/dp/B074XJ71JL/ref=sr_1_5?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1526920021&sr=1-5&keywords=Spring+Clamps for the clamps. A couple across the windshield, scrunch the plastic around the tower and clip to hold in place, then a line from the tow point to the rear cleats as support over the rest of the seating area, and some clips around the line.

Again, it looks about as goofy, and incorrect as you can get, but it keeps the people under it dry for a short period of time, and you can still see what's happening around you enough to motor around. We typically figure out what direction the wind is blowing into us, then motor over to a shoreline to get out of the direct wind, toss an anchor and sit around until it passes. Motored all the way back to the marina with it once, and ducked into an unoccupied covered slip for a bit of refuge. Took like 45min to drive that far at no wake speed, and it wasn't a great day after that, but we weren't soaked and miserable.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like this idea!...andI will be stealing it.

So I won't be hijacking the thread...a first aid kit that includes maxi pads. They work great in a situation where someone opens up a large cut. That reminds me that my last one got used last year when a friend cut the bottom of his foot...need to put some more on board.

If you don't want to buy them at a store, you can buy expensive trauma clotting pads instead...but they do the same thing.
A tourniquet..... Even in a populated lake you are likely far away from medical help...

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Beer will fix anything. Or at least make you forget you had a problem.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Zip ties.
They can mend a tower bolt temporarily or lock down a hatch or secure a line or.. or.. or..

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Or unclug the pisser holes when insects put their mud in there....or...

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That is a very thorough list. I have found nothing cuts through a sucked up rope better than a tile cutter or a razor.

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Trash bags...always forget them myself and then have to pick up orange peels and potato chip bags from the kids. And ditto on the sharp knife/razor and zip ties.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Duct tape!

Also, I always have an extra 12 or 24 pack of drinking water (in addition to what I brought for everyone).