• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

If I'm buying Sentry fenders, do I want 2 or 3?

steve0617

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
19 AR195.

Two of them would be obvious but do I need three for the entire side? Or is center and stern enough to keep it off the dock?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a Sentry Fender, I got it just for the swim deck as that is the most prone to possibly slipping under a dock. I don't think these are thick enough to protect the full boat in an area that you would expect significant wave/wake action. That said, I would get three if that's going to be your primary fender type.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I'm running 2 for now. One on front clear and one in middle. Haven't seen a need for one on back.

Joatmon

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
cheap insurance to have extras. I keep four in the boat in case I moor in a single slip or boats on both sides.

LeeFlan7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I went with 4, 2 each side for rafting up as well as docking

steve0617

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
OK thanks for the info. I bought three and we'll see how it goes. Dropping $200 for three pieces of foam was kinda my limit for this order.

Simon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have three which is plenty. I am in the inter coastal Waterway with tide and current and these do very well.

Simon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
OK thanks for the info. I bought three and we'll see how it goes. Dropping $200 for three pieces of foam was kinda my limit for this order.
Call and ask for b stock

Rlc1z

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have 2 of them and I found them not very good unless it’s completely calm water. The way my boat sets in the water and where the cleats are, it seams like nothing works well. The sentry ones won’t stay locked when the waves rock the boat against the dock. Regular fenders are two low as they need to be above the cleat on my boat. Luckily I was able to rig both for the week end but it was a pain in the butt. Yamaha sure missed the boat on the cleat placement. I am now searching for solutions to my problem. Going to look into fender clip ll and suction cups. Will entertain all ideas 🤪

merlinjet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I went with 4...two on the side, 4 for a raft up.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have 2 of them and I found them not very good unless it’s completely calm water. The way my boat sets in the water and where the cleats are, it seams like nothing works well. The sentry ones won’t stay locked when the waves rock the boat against the dock. Regular fenders are two low as they need to be above the cleat on my boat. Luckily I was able to rig both for the week end but it was a pain in the butt. Yamaha sure missed the boat on the cleat placement. I am now searching for solutions to my problem. Going to look into fender clip ll and suction cups. Will entertain all ideas 🤪
Search kids bouncy balls. See this thread https://jetboaters.net/threads/pokemon-go-on-the-water-d.10784/. They are large, cheap and will do the job as they’re much larger diameter than a round fender, especially those Sentry’s. Exile Audio also makes the big ball fenders too if you don’t want to have a kids character often found on the kids bouncy balls. The nice thing about the bouncy balls is they’re inflatable so if you want to gain back all your storage space just deflate them when not being used. They don’t take much air to blow up and some can even use a handheld manual air pump like you use for a basketball or football.

Rlc1z

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Search kids bouncy balls. See this thread https://jetboaters.net/threads/pokemon-go-on-the-water-d.10784/. They are large, cheap and will do the job as they’re much larger diameter than a round fender, especially those Sentry’s. Exile Audio also makes the big ball fenders too if you don’t want to have a kids character often found on the kids bouncy balls. The nice thing about the bouncy balls is they’re inflatable so if you want to gain back all your storage space just deflate them when not being used. They don’t take much air to blow up and some can even use a handheld air pump like you use for a basketball or football.
Yea I thought about a couple of those. I think I’ll order a couple from amazon. You think 18” would be about right?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think @DBamaC ‘s ball was about 18” or so. Geez that sounds kinda bad :D. If you have an Academy Sports around you may find them there as well.

I plan to order some for mine. Like you, I would not trust the Sentry fenders as cool and different as they look for real protection where it can be rough or you want a lot of cushion from you and whatever you’re tied up to.

Jasonsbiz74

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
mo Is better...you can always store the extra you never know

Andy NJ

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a Sentry Fender, I got it just for the swim deck as that is the most prone to possibly slipping under a dock. I don't think these are thick enough to protect the full boat in an area that you would expect significant wave/wake action. That said, I would get three if that's going to be your primary fender type.
Sean, do you attach it to the handle?
My swim deck took some damage this past weekend at the dock. A round fender didnt work to good.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sean, do you attach it to the handle?
My swim deck took some damage this past weekend at the dock. A round fender didnt work to good.
I use mine primarily on the stern cleats, but I don't see why it couldn't be looped through the swim deck handle and placed centrally there. That said, I'm not sure that it would be tall/thick enough to prevent any damage where the stern is near the dock. I always try to tie my boat up so that the stern is 1-2' away from the dock.

NickB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Save your money

Simon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score