• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

I'm not going to post details...

Y all got taken for a ride herr

After reading the first 3 pages of this Thread, I'm subscribing! I want to know what happened too!

I'm patient but at this point I'm out. Double thrust is just a big tease.

I have left my boat for wake riding trips with my buddy or a spin on the jet ski, and every time I have always left the keys in the ignition. I think this is a must in case of emergency or storm or whatever hundred other things that I can't possibly think of could happen. The most important part of this decision is I trust those that I boat and tie up with. We have had 30 minute arguments over cleat hitches and how to anchor the tie up, so all these guys are just as salty as me when it comes to decisions on the water. I like the idea of throttles in reverse and I may start doing that this year and just inform everyone that to start my boat the throttles need to be in neutral, but I think they would know that anyway. The first thing most guys do is put your hand on the throttle and give it a jiggle to make sure it's in neutral.

I think the bigger question for the OP is not what happened but just who he is bringing out on the water?

Myself and another friend volunteered our boats for a "good friends" 21st birthday party. This guy wanted to bring his son out with a few of his buddies and have some fun on the water. Like I said this guy was a good friend of ours, so we agreed to host the party. We picked the guy and his crew up at the courtesy dock at Westlake Park and we anchored on the fringes of party cove. We really didn't want to get right in the middle of the chaos. Well these guys started just hammering beer and it wasn't to long before they got really rowdy. Standing on cushions, spilling beer on the seats, carpet, basically everything us boaters hate. We kept asking them to stop doing this and to chill out a little. The last straw was when a friend of the birthday boy cranks my friends stereo to almost max volume (the stereo is about $20k all wetsounds stuff) my buddy goes over and turns it down and tells the kid not to touch the stereo. The kid gets in his face and tells him to "relax old man" and quit being a pussy. Me and my buddy look at each other, pull the anchors, kicked everyone off the boat except the dad, dropped the dad at the courtesy dock and left their asses. The boys basically swam to a pontoon boat in party cove and continued the party.

I learned my lesson on that one.

The kid gets in his face and tells him to "relax old man" and quit being a pussy. Me and my buddy look at each other, pull the anchors, kicked everyone off the boat except the dad, dropped the dad at the courtesy dock and left their asses. The boys basically swam to a pontoon boat in party cove and continued the party.

I think I would have hauled all of them back to the dock and not left them in the party cove....captains rules after all....wouldn't have wanted someone who got drunk on my boat to then drown later. Can't imagine how pissed off you were though!!!! WOW! The entitlement these days is astonishing....

Wow BigN8 what a situation. I doubt the kids learned anything!

I have left my boat for wake riding trips with my buddy or a spin on the jet ski, and every time I have always left the keys in the ignition. I think this is a must in case of emergency or storm or whatever hundred other things that I can't possibly think of could happen. The most important part of this decision is I trust those that I boat and tie up with. We have had 30 minute arguments over cleat hitches and how to anchor the tie up, so all these guys are just as salty as me when it comes to decisions on the water. I like the idea of throttles in reverse and I may start doing that this year and just inform everyone that to start my boat the throttles need to be in neutral, but I think they would know that anyway. The first thing most guys do is put your hand on the throttle and give it a jiggle to make sure it's in neutral.

I think the bigger question for the OP is not what happened but just who he is bringing out on the water?

Myself and another friend volunteered our boats for a "good friends" 21st birthday party. This guy wanted to bring his son out with a few of his buddies and have some fun on the water. Like I said this guy was a good friend of ours, so we agreed to host the party. We picked the guy and his crew up at the courtesy dock at Westlake Park and we anchored on the fringes of party cove. We really didn't want to get right in the middle of the chaos. Well these guys started just hammering beer and it wasn't to long before they got really rowdy. Standing on cushions, spilling beer on the seats, carpet, basically everything us boaters hate. We kept asking them to stop doing this and to chill out a little. The last straw was when a friend of the birthday boy cranks my friends stereo to almost max volume (the stereo is about $20k all wetsounds stuff) my buddy goes over and turns it down and tells the kid not to touch the stereo. The kid gets in his face and tells him to "relax old man" and quit being a pussy. Me and my buddy look at each other, pull the anchors, kicked everyone off the boat except the dad, dropped the dad at the courtesy dock and left their asses. The boys basically swam to a pontoon boat in party cove and continued the party.

I learned my lesson on that one.

I got ticked off just reading this! Wow!

That's funny this thread got brought up as I had never thought much about this. I usually do pull my keys but just set the in a cup holder on the console so anyone could still grab them but I usually have kids running around the boat and don't want them to start it on accident. Just this past weekend though it hit home we with several friends on a few boats and jet ski anchored relaxing. The owner of one of the boats decided to take a ride on a jet ski with his wife once they got out of sight one of the guys on the boat made the smart comment of hey let's mive his boat to mess with him after a long are you a moron stare from me he reversed his choice but I learned there if I ever leave the boat the keys will go into someone trustees hands and stay there till I return.

Ok @DoubleThrust I gotta know, just send me a private message and i promise i will not say a word Im hooked, line and sinker

Guys, I don't even want to try and remember that day LOL.

Just be very careful about leaving your keys in the boat! People do dumb sh!t when motivated by alcohol and a$$.

Well this SUCKS!!
You got our attention - we got all worked up - and now you left us hangin. Just like that!
Damn it!! What a f'in tease!:(

I'm not liking how this thread ends!

I either drive the boat, and don't worry, or I have a person I know who can drive the boat if I am off of it. Our lake is small and this isn't really an issue, but someone will always be on the boat who knows how to drive it. So as the driver/owner, you are going to get stuck babysitting the boat a lot, but that's a part of owing a boat and being responsible. Its not just about litigation, its about the boat you love not getting screwed up by someone you don't trust. The only two people who drive my boat without me right now are, my brother and son, both who have been shown by me how a jet boat is different. I don't expect them to dock the boat, but I do expect them to be able to get it back to the dock where I can help them. I know this is an old post revisited but some good info here.

I love this site! I just sit back and read and gather soo much information and entertainment.. I guess we will have to wait for the Netflix movie release!

Back