• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Impeller Housing - Bad after approx. 40 hours and 6 months?

zbell305

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi all,

I have a 2018 AR210 with ~300 hours on the engines now. Earlier this year (January 2023), I replaced both impeller housings with the local dealer. I just brought it into the dealer for an unrelated engine issue, and when checking the impeller housings, they are saying that one of the housings needs to be replaced again. Since it was installed in January, I have added about 40-50 hours to the engines at max. I used the boat close to every weekend (saturday and sunday), with 1 or maybe 2 weekends where I didn't use it. I flush it on a rack every sunday night after using it and it is stored in a dry rack during the week. It seems implausible that the housing could go bad this quick. Does anyone have any insight or thoughts they could share?

Thanks
Zach

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

zbell305

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How are your zincs?
That’s a good question. I’ll have to ask the dealer , I’ve never pulled them to check. I flush it on a rack religiously.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My 2005 had no zinks and it was used 80% salt water only left it in the water a few times for a weekend and a dozen or so overnighters. Never a problem with the wear rings. Sold it in 2018 with 300+ hours jet drives looked like new. My 2017 was moored by the previous owner nut sure how long but minimal deposits on the 70 hour boat. In 2020 both wear rings swelled and needed to be replaced. There are different grades of stainless steel I wouldn't be surprised at some point if the manufacturer changed materials to lower costs.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sometimes they use a plastic wear ring, what material is yours?
Is there much debris in your water?

I'd want at least a picture or see it in person,especially if you weren't having any cavitation issues

zbell305

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sometimes they use a plastic wear ring, what material is yours?
Is there much debris in your water?

I'd want at least a picture or see it in person,especially if you weren't having any cavitation issues
id have to ask about the wear rings - everything was done with OEM parts when they were replaced. There’s a good amount of debris in the water at times, but I can usually tell if anything at all is in there and either pull through the cups or dive under and take everything out from the grates. I even dive under when it’s anchored to check the grates. So things get sucked up from time to time but it never stays there