• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Insect larvae in pee hole

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I know the golf tee trick....but that isn't relevant as of now.

So the other day I was waiting to board and noticed what looked like dirt dobber larvae sticking out of the idle pee hole. I pulled it out and a little water dribbled out. Then another and another.

So today I stick fishing line in and feel resistance put push through. I suspect that there are more in there. It appears you have to remove the cleanout tray to get to the backside. I'm thinking about pulling the hose and cleaning out. It's on the starboard side. Anybody that's pulled the hose have any insight?

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
There is a video that will tell you where the pee hole lines come from. It should not be hard to disconnect and flush them out. I wouldn't flush bugs back towards the engine but that's just me.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I blow the line out. Blows the dirt all over the side of my house. Clean all four lines in less than 5 mins

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Yukk....Sticking a wooden golf tee in them when you store is a good trick. If you forget to take them out, they are wooden so they'll not pollute and should just blow out.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
In the older models like mine, the hoses are accessible from the stern storage lockers....if mine clog, I just squeeze them with the engine reving and water eventually blows the crap out. Most (but not all of our boats) have a button on the side of the throttles that allow you to rev the engine without moving the buckets. Learned at Shelbyville that not all Yamahas have this button (one on each side of the throttle lever).

To do this on the newer models, you'd have to take of the access plate in the engine compartment to get to the hoses....not as convenient or easy.

I also use thick weed wacker line to break up the nests in the tubes.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They blew out during a storm and my golf bag is in the attac. Planning on getting them sometime. Air compressor works great for now.

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah I just keep a long length of larger diameter weedeater string in my glovebox. Work it around a bit, it will bust everything up and next time the boat's in the water it will all get washed away.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah I just keep a long length of larger diameter weedeater string in my glovebox. Work it around a bit, it will bust everything up and next time the boat's in the water it will all get washed away.
Yep...this is what worked for me. The next time out it blew out and all is well.