• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Inside swim platform... what is this handle for???

Jump Right In

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Okay, with the help of everyone on here, I thought I had came across almost everything on my boat, an undoubtedly more things that non-jetboaters.net people will ever see. When I was removing my old scupper tonight, I pulled up the tray around the clean-out plugs on the swim platform. Inside there is a black handle that connects to an assembly on the floor. The handle appears it can be twisted a quarter of a turn clockwise.

Quite simply, what on earth is this handle and why does it exist???

2014-04-29 17.54.24.jpg

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just one? What is it hooked to? Is that your cooling water intake?

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You got one of them there wind-up Yamahas!

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I love this site! :happy:

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Really what is on the outside of the hull of that valve?

Jump Right In

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It would appear this is the outside - although my head will only contort in certain spaces, so its a little difficult to line up the inside and outside perfectly...

If this is a wind-up... maybe I can eek out a few more mph without a turbocharger!

2014-04-29 20.07.14.jpg

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@andy07sx230ho @Jump Right In Yes that is exactly what it is. I wondered that at first when I opened my hatch to install my fish/depth finder. The entry point I refer to is where the tranducer line comes in. The white fitting near it was just the deck drain fitting I believe. I needed to take it off to get to the hole for the transducer line was which was the exact same hole that the old transducer line was through the hull (above the water line). TranducerWire_holeinput_point.jpg

Jump Right In

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Okay I guess that makes sense, but why would they bury a handle inside a platform?? Other than to make people like us scratch our heads and ask "why would they bury a handle inside the platform"?

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I was going to guess something to do with the ballast system as well, since you have a an X, and that would be something unique to that model.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Jump Right In

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@jetboater4life Apparently, we asked the same question at the same time! I guess if someone bought the boat as a second or third owner and had no use for the ballast, then they could pull the fuse and shut the water supply off permanently.... but outside of that scenerio???

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Is it accessible with the hatch installed? Maybe through the screw in access port?

Jump Right In

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Now that I know its there, it probably would be reachable by removing the center of the tray as opposed to removing all 12 screws and the entire unit.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep.. that is what it looked like with that intake screen. You have ballast on the boat? Or was this standard fitting that all of those came with. and the bags and pump were extra?

Jump Right In

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My boat and Derick's boat @jetboater4life are both 212X's with factory ballast...

But why would they have a shut-off inside the swim platform I think is what we are trying to determine now.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Jump Right In almost double posted again :)

I posted this question on the other board as there are still a lot of folks over there that haven't found there way here.