• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Intake Tunnel / Clean out port housing leak

okula225

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I noticed some water in the engine compartment after hanging out for a couple of hours. I took off the back hatch and was able to trace it back to the port clean out plug housing, where it meets the intake tunnel fiberglass. It is only a slight trickle of water coming down right where the housing meets the fiberglass. I removed the 6-inch hose and noticed quite a bit of dried salt (saltwater boat), started to clean that off, and then got it back down to clean bare material. Going to have to wait till next weekend, but I'll pull the boat out of the water, let it dry very well, sand the old sealant off then 5200 where the housing meets the fiberglass. I will post some pictures and update this thread.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I don't recommend 5200. I suggest just using 100% silicone. You want to be able to remove it in the future.

tahmad575

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have the same exact problem on the base of both the hoses, what silicone should I use if not 5200?? what about the 3m 4200 ?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I don't recommend 5200. I suggest just using 100% silicone. You want to be able to remove it in the future.
I thought he was talking about the join between the aluminum pump and the fiberglass. Why would he ever want to take that apart?

If we are talking about the exhaust hose clean out tube at the bottom....then yes...caulk that.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length