• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Interesting hitch

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Pretty cool invention, since both of my trucks have backup cameras it's easy to back it up right the first time.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Pretty cool invention, since both of my trucks have backup cameras it's easy to back it up right the first time.
My new to me truck has a camera and it definitely helps. This would be good for the trucks without cameras. I'm really surprised that it is reasonable priced.

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Back up camera here too. Works great.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My new to me truck has a camera and it definitely helps. This would be good for the trucks without cameras. I'm really surprised that it is reasonable priced.
Absolutely, this guy is going to make a killing. I remember the days before backup cameras, getting in and out of my tow vehicle dozens of times if hooking it up by myself or having my Wife giving me signals, was a total pain in the ass. I just hooked up our boat an hour ago, used the backup camera, one try it was done.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks a little to much for me, lots of moving parts subject to failure between my tow vehicle and trailer. I use rear view cameras as well but have also used rods like these and cheaper versions ($10) from harbor freight successfully before. Very easy to use, just put one on the ball and one on the trailer (they have magnetic ends), line them up visually and stop when the one on the ball falls off.

https://www.hitchinrods.com

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks a little to much for me, lots of moving parts subject to failure between my tow vehicle and trailer. I use rear view cameras as well but have also used rods like these and cheaper versions ($10) from harbor freight successfully before. Very easy to use, just put one on the ball and one on the trailer (they have magnetic ends), line them up visually and stop when the one on the ball falls off.

https://www.hitchinrods.com
On my previous truck I used the same harbour freight visually aid, they whitened pretty good and like you days they were cheap.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Cool looking idea....but no need for me as I too have a back up camera. Also....if you thought a normal hitch was a leg killer....this thing looks like it will hurt....
It is definitely a leg killers just like the one I'm using on my new truck, a Gen-Y Hitch. The Gen-Y Hitch is a beast but is rock solid well pulling. I don't leave it installed because with the truck in the garage I can't close my garage door unless it is removed.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It is definitely a leg killers just like the one I'm using on my new truck, a Gen-Y Hitch. The Gen-Y Hitch is a beast but is rock solid well pulling. I don't leave it installed because with the truck in the garage I can't close my garage door unless it is removed.

You need a bigger garage!!!

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Or....just learn to back up! Your boat trailer has a wheel so if u are close to being accurate, not a big deal to adjust the difference.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I installed a cheapy back up camera in my truck from Amazon. I think the camera and screen cost less than $25 total and has worked great now for over a year. I just don't think this contraption is necessary.