• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

iPad HELP!!!! How to transfer video from Ipad to PC?????

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
OK....I am not an idiot. Really I am not. But what the f is so GD hard about having a FILE MANAGER application on a device?????

So I made the mistake of connecting a memory card from my GoPro to my iPad, and accidently hit delete off the card when it completed transferring. So the only place the video exists is on my Ipad. I have looked f'ing everywhere for a solution to moving the video to my PC and I'm done for the night.

Perhaps one of you iPad/iPhone fans out there could tell me the iOS secret to being able to move a file!!!

I've googled, and it says use "Image Capture" on the Apple site, but has no link to that app, and a search yields NOTHING! Very helpful you idiots!

I tried an app called "photo transfer app" and it hung over and over again.

I've scoured iTunes (I'll swear it use to sync photos to an IPOD).....but I can't find ANY reference to photos on it now.

WTF?????

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I suspect you tried this, Julian. If not, give it a whirl. To others? Just another simple reason to avoid Apple crap at all costs. Their proprietary nonsense quite simply makes easy tasks near impossible.

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201302

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've always just hooked my iPhone to the computer with the cable and went to My Computer and selected the phone that way, it works like an external drive with the photo/video album.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How did you connect a memory card to your iPad?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can you email it to yourself?

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
You can send larg files through imessenger. If you have it set up on the iPad send it to one of us iPhone people and we can download it and shoot it back to you Dropbox or something. If all else fails shoot me a pm and I will give you my number. Unless it's a personal file of some sort. Last resort but it should work. Sorry for your apple troubles.

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I'm guessing that you have the videos sitting in the Photos app on the iPad, correct? If so, just connect the iPad to your PC using the sync cable. It will show up as a lettered drive. Drag the video file out from there. Otherwise, the suggestion to using something like dropbox to sync it to another machine is good.

The Image Capture suggestion is only good if the host computer is a Mac.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
With a memory card adapter. Which in Apples ANNOYING and enfuriating way, they only allow you to move files from the card to the ipad. You can't use the memory or move files back to it!
I wondered about that adapter, be great if you could go the other way with it.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
There is an aftermarket flash drive now compatible with iPhone/ipad. It has the lightning and the dock attachment port and it is a memory drive (flash style). You can upload/download with it and get around the proprietary crap. It is now an approved apple device but they don't make or offer it. I saw it this weekend at the tech store in the airport.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
There is an aftermarket flash drive now compatible with iPhone/ipad. It has the lightning and the dock attachment port and it is a memory drive (flash style). You can upload/download with it and get around the proprietary crap. It is now an approved apple device but they don't make or offer it. I saw it this weekend at the tech store in the airport.
If you can also download to it that would be fantastic as the Apple memory card adapter I have only allows one way data transfer! Which is a ROYAL PITA!

@txav8r what is the name of the device???

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This seems like it is worth a try http://imazing.com/?diskaid=1

Does the video show in the Photos app? If so there should be an option to email it there.

Are you using iCloud? If so and it is in the Photos app then you should be able to download it from iCloud.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Julian , the iStick or the iFlashdrive do this easily now.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Can you email it to yourself?
No, it is a 1.3GB file.....which is part of the problem with some of these apps I think.

These flash drives are asked a MASSIVE premium for their storage! Must be how they are getting Apple to approve....they must be paying Apple a LOT! And we all get screwed!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@Julian have you tried to upload it from the iPad to google drive or Dropbox? Then grab it from the cloud on your desktop?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm guessing that you have the videos sitting in the Photos app on the iPad, correct? If so, just connect the iPad to your PC using the sync cable. It will show up as a lettered drive. Drag the video file out from there.
@Julian so does this not work?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Julian, it sounds like the video is showing the Photos app.

If so the simplest method would be to plug into iTunes and sync. Beyond that 1.3GB is not that big. You could install any number of cloud drive or ftp apps to transfer it somewhere else then download it. Buying more space on iCloud is another option Those flash drives with lightening plugs are a rip off.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length