• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

iPhone 6 or 6 Plus?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am considering an upgrade from my 5 which just got all new mics, speakers, battery and screen today. It needed everything but the screen. Unfortunately for the screen I got a little rough removing it.

@Rana and I pass our phones down to my parents. So we like to do so in perfect condition.

Does anyone have a 6 Plus? Is the size unmanageable? Is the additional resolution useable or are the icons and fonts simply larger than those on a 6?

In the past I spent a lot of time one the phone for my work. Often 4+ hours per day. Sometimes 10 or more.

Most of my work has transitioned to email and IM and I have cut back on travel. So my phone spends most of its time sitting on a desk. It is often used as a tablet. So I think I could handle a ginormous phone.

What do you guys think?

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Are you dead set on using an iPhone? The Galaxy Note S4 looks like a nice, big phone that looks very nice. If you're not opposed to using something other than Apple. I went with a Galaxy S5 and really like it but it is smaller than the Note but bigger than an iPhone. Great picture and good battery life. It has taken me a little bit to get the hang of it since I came from using a Window's phone. But I'm glad I made the switch.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I would definitely make the switch to an Android platform... Easier to navigate, and all of the content is not tied to Apple. My wife has a Galaxy s5 and loves it. I have a HTC ONE M8, and love it, my oldest daughter has a Galaxy s4, Loves it. My youngest has an iPhone 4s and Hates it. I tell her you are 11 ,just be glad you have a phone..

Pdwelch2000

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am considering an upgrade from my 5 which just got all new mics, speakers, battery and screen today. It needed everything but the screen. Unfortunately for the screen I got a little rough removing it.

@Rana and I pass our phones down to my parents. So we like to do so in perfect condition.

Does anyone have a 6 Plus? Is the size unmanageable? Is the additional resolution useable or are the icons and fonts simply larger than those on a 6?

In the past I spent a lot of time one the phone for my work. Often 4+ hours per day. Sometimes 10 or more.

Most of my work has transitioned to email and IM and I have cut back on travel. So my phone spends most of its time sitting on a desk. It is often used as a tablet. So I think I could handle a ginormous phone.

What do you guys think?

I have a 6 plus. It is awesome. Seems large at first. Give it a week and you'll struggle to understand how you used your 5 to do all you do.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is my first iPhone. Before it I destroyed a couple of high end Andriod phones in about a year each. Before them I used Nokia phones that ran Linux that lasted several years.

I fought switching to an iPhone for years. Now that most of my family has iPhones I don't want to give up the conveinence of communicating between them.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Personally I would stay with the 5. Cheaper and is just as good. I just got a new phone and decided to just buy a 5 from the apple site.

No way I would ever own an Android. That is like buying a Seadoo instead of the original YAMAHA!!!!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
And I'll never own an iphone. My wife's iPhone 5s is suffering from spontaneous death syndrome....POS. But she'll get another one!

Can you say FILE MANAGER, card slot, replaceable battery and THREE button interface (home/back/menu)...no way I'd ever give those up.

But go big no matter what.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We had the same decision to make a few months ago. I wanted my wife's 5s because I already have all of the lifeproof gear for it. At the same time I wanted my wife or son to get a 6+ while the other got a 6. The plan was to use the 6+ as my fpv screen while flying my quad copter. Anyway, I got vetoed on the 6+, both my wife and son claimed it was to big for their hands such that they wouldn't be able to text with one hand anymore. A close friend of ours got the 6+ and said that although it took about a week to get used to the size she loves it because it's easier to read, play games on and it has an extended battery life.

Here are some pics of the iPhones lined up together and one with a galaxy phone just for comparison. Some have life proof cases on them which makes them appear larger than they are. Life proof is the only case I'll buy from now on. They are expensive especially if you buy the accessories like the floating sleeve, runners band, etc. but worth it since essentially you are putting protecting a $700 phone with a $70 case (by analogy you are putting $700 into a $70 wallet).

image.jpg
4s in orange life proof case, 5s in gray life proof case, 6 in pink case, 6 in gray life proof case and 6+ in pink case.

image.jpg
Galaxy s5 between in black case between the 6+ and 6 in gray life proof case, 6 in standard case is to the far right.
image.jpg
6+, 6 and iPad mini in life proof case. Did I mention I'm a big fan of the lifeproof cases?