• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

iPod error?

Error on your phone or computer? Does it show an error code? Does it still charge when plugged in the charger? That issue can be caused by many things. Software, charging port, cable, and even the logic board. First thing I would do is borrow a cable from a friend or family to try. Or try to connect it to their computer to see if it's your phone or your computer that is the problem. If it still give you an error then, time to do a software restore. (Less likely to resolve, but worth a try before bringing it to a repair store)
It might be worth it to clean the connector with a toothbrush and some alcohol also. (No toothpaste please, lol)
Let me know how that goes, we can troubleshoot further if that doesn't work.
Good luck!

That, I'm not exactly sure. I will try mine out the next time I access the boat.

I don't know for sure, but I don't think you can plug an iPhone into the USB port. You have to plug an iPhone into the "Aux" port via the mini plug from the phone. In order to plug direct to the phone's lightening port, you will need an adapter and the only radio that I know of that hooks direct is the Fusion, and even then, it won't hook in the dock to an iPhone 5 or greater, only the 4 or less with a dock cable. I could be all wet on this, but the newer usb hookups are not for phone direct, they are for usb devices, aren't they?

Yeah...that USB port is probably primarily designed for a USB memory stick with audio files on it....

That's what I was afraid of. Looks like there will be a radio upgrade in my future
You really don't need to replace it, unless you just want to. You can buy a BT dongle to Bluetooth direct, or you can just plug a mini plug from the earphone port on the phone to the aux in port for the radio, or you can transfer files to a usb drive and okay direct. Changing the HU will drive you crazy. I have a great HU...it won't take an iPhone 5 internally either.

If your looking for an HU upgrade, this is what I have, that will give you all of that kind of freedom, I can't recommend highly enough the Fusion IP700i and companion MS-NRX200i wired transom remote. Full 4 zone control and produces a very clean signal for your amp. Some will tell you that the built in 50wx4 class D amplification is self supporting, and it is very nice, but it doesn't produce the same amount of power as a stand alone 50w to each channel amplification. But a guy that had no intention of adding amps, could add this unit, and some better speakers and get a 100% improvement over any of the stock systems. Here is a link to their page, too much capability to mention here.
http://www.fusionentertainment.com/marine/products/fusion-link-enabled/ms-ip700i

Back