• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Is it me, or did the forum change something?

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Agree. I'm too old to change.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yes, we upgraded to the latest version of the Forum Software (Xenforo) so that we can keep getting security patches.

It does look a lot different....lots more wasted space than the prior version....we will work on correcting issues as we find them or they are called out.

What in particular do you not like?

Julian

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Most people do not like change, like when Apple updates and move things around, we’re all creatures of habit ;), not liking these emojis :(.
Other than that, I’m sure we’ll just get used to it :winkingthumbsup".

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For me, just different so far. I am sure I will adjust.

Most obvious thing is the font changed...

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yes, we upgraded to the latest version of the Forum Software (Xenforo) so that we can keep getting security patches.

It does look a lot different....lots more wasted space than the prior version....we will work on correcting issues as we find them or they are called out.

What in particular do you not like?

Julian
You adding the chat server too? lol

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The quotes are nicely done though

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
yea the quotes are nicer for sure.

Maybe with the new forum look it's time for a new forum banner refresh? I think the last time we changed it was 2016. It would be cool to see some of the nice images of forum member boats and pics blended together instead of the mfg marketing pics. Thoughts? I can help photoshop some ideas if y'all want some concepts or maybe everyone can put up some ideas too.

Speaking of graphics, I know this is nit picky but maybe also change out the default forum new and read post icons? Too much orange cream sickle and blue for this Bama man to like lol. Maybe do boat outlines in light and dark or something instead of those bubble quote symbols to signify new or unread posts?

I'm talking about these things....

Attachments

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I thought I had a stroke for a minute. No smell of burning hair, so I'm good with whatever.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
That is an interesting idea....we can load multiple styles on the forum. If someone would like to design a style, we can add it as an option.
LOL, yeah found the styles selection button - anyone try selecting the built in Halloween style. (selection is bottom left of the screen). :oops:o_O

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bring back the old! Haha I must be officially getting old since I can’t handle change.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
LOL, yeah found the styles selection button - anyone try selecting the built in Halloween style. (selection is bottom left of the screen). :oops:o_O
I'd forgotten I played with that Halloween style....it is horrible....was just a test , where i quickly learned how complicated and time consuming it became! Then I had to get back to work and apparently forgot to turn it off! But at least it serves as an example of how easy a style switch could be.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How does the back end look once you've got that 24' hitched ? Does she squat a lot ? Or does the tow package add stiffer springs ? Currently I'm using my son's Dodge 1500 4x4 and a friend says that even that truck isn't big enough. I gave him all the specs on the diesel Colorado with tow package and he says No Way.
This quote came from another thread I was in sometime yesterday. Read on below for why it's here.

The Haloween is quite bad.

Here's a fun bug I just found. When looking at another thread I clicked the quote button when I meant to click the reply button. That quote was apparently stored somewhere, and is now available in this thread. Perhaps it's a feature, I dunno. Seems like an odd thing to be able to combine quotes from multiple threads into a new post in an unrelated thread. Even more so considering I haven't been in the other thread since last night, and it was even on a different machine!

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
This quote came from another thread I was in sometime yesterday. Read on below for why it's here.

The Haloween is quite bad.

Here's a fun bug I just found. When looking at another thread I clicked the quote button when I meant to click the reply button. That quote was apparently stored somewhere, and is now available in this thread. Perhaps it's a feature, I dunno. Seems like an odd thing to be able to combine quotes from multiple threads into a new post in an unrelated thread. Even more so considering I haven't been in the other thread since last night, and it was even on a different machine!
Cross quoting threads was actually a feature in the old version of this forum as well. I had occasions where it made sense and had used it before. Clicking it links you back to the original thread.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cross quoting threads was actually a feature in the old version of this forum as well. I had occasions where it made sense and had used it before. Clicking it links you back to the original thread.
Interesting. Never saw it in the previous version. Learn something new every day.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Change! Aaaaagghhhhh!!!!! Run away!!!!! :D

Seriously though folks, we owe our Admins a big round of applause for moving forward with the latest version of the software. This requires a lot of work, but is going to make sure we stay patched and secure.

The fact that the transition happened without any fanfare is a testament to the quantity and quality pre-work that went into this prior to the cutover. You can bet there will be a lot of post-go-live-work to try to stabilize things and get them as "near to normal" as possible. They have a new software package to learn how to use. We all know how much "fun" that is.

Thanks for all you do to keep our on-line home stable. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

bumpy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length