• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Is it ok to store my boat like this?

oglear

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hi boaters It's me again with another question, unfortunately my floating lift does not go up all the way anymore and now the backside of the boat is partially in the water even with the lift is up, now If a plan on storing it like that for the whole season do you guys think that it could be a problem?, will the salty water damage any of the parts down there?, I'm still able to flush the engines properly by inflating only the 2 tanks in the back for the flush and then leveling it back to normal. Looking forward to hear back from you guys thanks in advance.

PS: I already tried calling the number on the sticker but they said that since it was an old lift, there was nothing they could do for me.

update: lowered the front to make the back go up, is this any better now?
PXL_20210127_160911518.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
that sucks. If it is salt water I would say try to get that fixed. But maybe salt water boaters here can pipe in.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
It's not optimal (obviously) but I would think you could use it during the time when you're using the boat. I wouldn't long-term story it that way.

oglear

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
salt water thanks for the input guys looks like I'm going to need to get a new lift or have this one fixed whichever is cheaper.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
After seeing gelcoat bubbles in the bottom of the hull from leaving it in water and Yamaha saying they won't cover it as the boat isn't meant to be stored in the water......I'd get it fixed. Like you've already determined.

oglear

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
PXL_20210127_160911518.jpgupdate: lowered the front to make the back go up, is this any better now?

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
After seeing gelcoat bubbles in the bottom of the hull from leaving it in water and Yamaha saying they won't cover it as the boat isn't meant to be stored in the water......I'd get it fixed. Like you've already determined.
Jeez. My boat is on the water all season, out on a mooring, as are dozens of others on my chain of lakes. I haven't heard of anyone having blistering problems. How long was yours on the water prior to noticing it?

oglear

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Still "in the water" technically. What kind of lift is that, cable or does it require air?
It's air powered, air is pumped into the tanks which make them float problem is a couple of tanks have leaks and so will only go up that much.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Jeez. My boat is on the water all season, out on a mooring, as are dozens of others on my chain of lakes. I haven't heard of anyone having blistering problems. How long was yours on the water prior to noticing it?
OH, no....my boat is stored on the trailer, indoors, with the cover on, at all times, unless I'm using it. Just from what I've seen here and on the FB groups. Seems like he has the option to get it out of the water.....I'd take that option.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
It's air powered, air is pumped into the tanks which make them float problem is a couple of tanks have leaks and so will only go up that much.
Interesting - are there bladders to replace or could you just take the tanks out of the water and JB weld them up?

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Quad, OP mentioned it's salt water - a whole different kettle than lake water though there have been a *lot* of posts here from folks running into grief by wet slipping all season even on lakes. I guess in the end it depends on the water quality - salt or lake.

oglear

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Interesting - are there bladders to replace or could you just take the tanks out of the water and JB weld them up?
Already tried the jb weld way, tried both the regular one and the marine formula but both failed looks like the pressure might be too much I even tried plastic welding it did not work either, the company says that this one is an old model and they no longer make the tanks. so my only options are to use it as it is or sell it.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Already tried the jb weld way, tried both the regular one and the marine formula but both failed looks like the pressure might be too much I even tried plastic welding it did not work either, the company says that this one is an old model and they no longer make the tanks. so my only options are to use it as it is or sell it.
Bummer that you can't fix the holes! I use an airdock, and have fixed a few holes over the years in mine - but they have a patch kit for this purpose (different material than yours). Does the company not have a patch kit for this material?

oglear

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Bummer that you can't fix the holes! I use an airdock, and have fixed a few holes over the years in mine - but they have a patch kit for this purpose (different material than yours). Does the company not have a patch kit for this material?
real bummer and that's great that you were able to patch them, what material is your lift tanks made of?, honestly they might I will try contacting hydrohoist directly rather than my local authorized dealer which pretty much stop answering me after finding out that I was not interested in buying a brand new lift but needed assistance with an old one.
.signal-2021-01-27-193611.png

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So if you are looking to store the boat and buy some time to figure out the lift situation, why don’t you load it back on the trailer and park it by your house?

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you’re unable to patch them, I wonder if you could add some buoyancy to the compartments that have leaks. Possibly some pool noodles 😉 or a whole lot of ping pong balls? just enough to add the needed lift, but not so much that you couldn’t drive onto it.

Or possibly install a bladder (like a ballast bag) inside and inflate?

I’ve never owned one, but I have stayed at a holiday inn a time or two. 😁

Anyway, hope you figure it out

oglear

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So if you are looking to store the boat and buy some time to figure out the lift situation, why don’t you load it back on the trailer and park it by your house?
That's always an option but ultimately I need to figure what I'll do with this lift.

If you’re unable to patch them, I wonder if you could add some buoyancy to the compartments that have leaks. Possibly some pool noodles 😉 or a whole lot of ping pong balls? just enough to add the needed lift, but not so much that you couldn’t drive onto it.

Or possibly install a bladder (like a ballast bag) inside and inflate?

I’ve never owned one, but I have stayed at a holiday inn a time or two. 😁

Anyway, hope you figure it out
Very clever ideas, specially the one about the ballast bag will look further into it thanks.

Update #3: I've now by flipping the boat managed to completely take the back out of the water since this side of the lift works better, only thing is that now the boat is facing down as shown in the pictures, I'll be able to flush the engines but to only unplug the drain hole every time I take it out of the water on to the trailer which is not very often, hoping it should be fine, ideas?

Attachments

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have only unplugged twice in 2 years lol. To be fair, again, fresh water here.