• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Is there a "view new post" or "view active topics" feature?

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been using my Iphone to peruse the site since I've been a member so maybe I'm overlooking it. But on the old site I could just click on the "view new posts" link and it would list all of the active topics that I haven't view since there was a new post. It enabled me to stay current without having to "follow" all of the threads.

Do we have a similar feature on Jetboaters.net?

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am on computer and have been using the New posts tab. Located in the light blue under Forums, far right words.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They are on the top bar . image.jpg

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
We have new posts, and threads y0u can set up as watched...but I don't think we have an "active topics".

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Maybe it is just because of the settings I have on the forum. When a new post is made, an alert arrow pops up. I can then click on the arrow and see them individually or hit the see all to read all posts. They are then broken down by days
Latest Alerts
Your Account
  1. Today

1. txav8r replied to the thread Is there a "view new post" or "view active topics" feature?. There may be more posts after this.
      10:44 AM

2. You have been awarded a trophy: Founding Member
      10:41 AM

3. txav8r replied to the thread Is there a "view new post" or "view active topics" feature?. There may be more posts after this.
      10:33 AM

4. txav8r replied to the thread Member Map. There may be more posts after this.
      10:31 AM

5. txav8r replied to the thread Banned users on YJB. There may be more posts after this.
      10:26 AM

6. Bruce attached a file to the thread Is there a "view new post" or "view active topics" feature?. There may be more posts after this.
      10:23 AM

7. Julian replied to the thread Banned users on YJB. There may be more posts after this.
      9:47 AM

8. Glassman replied to the thread Member Map. There may be more posts after this.
      9:47 AM
  2. Yesterday

1. Bruce replied to the thread Welcome to DawgDaze!. There may be more posts after this.
      6:24 PM

2. txav8r replied to the thread Yamaha Clean Out Plug Blow Out Poll. There may be more posts after this.
      11:31 AM

3. txav8r replied to the thread Welcome to DawgDaze!. There may be more posts after this.
      10:51 AM
  3. Friday

1. Bruce replied to the thread Camping and boating. There may be more posts after this.
      10:55 PM

2. DCB-270 replied to the thread Yamaha Clean Out Plug Blow Out Poll. There may be more posts after this.
      10:37 PM

3. PEARCE replied to the thread Lake Hamilton, Hot Springs, AR. There may be more posts after this.
      8:08 PM

4. Bruce replied to the thread Hello All! Boat Crazy here. There may be more posts after this.
      5:55 PM

5. You have been awarded a trophy: First Message
      5:40 PM

6. Bruce replied to the thread Hello All! Boat Crazy here. There may be more posts after this.
      5:37 PM
HomeYour Account>

Last edited:

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
It is a little tough to sort through however, because they don't go away as you read the alerts.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
At least the "inbox" notices change from bold to not bold when you read them.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
A view active topics would be nice to add. New posts works well, but once I read it, it disappears from the new posts list and there is no way to get a list that would include a recent post I just read.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
A view active topics would be nice to add. New posts works well, but once I read it, it disappears from the new posts list and there is no way to get a list that would include a recent post I just read.
Agree!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks guys for the tips. It's just hard to teach this old dog any new tricks. I have very limited experience with forums like this. I love the layout of this site. It's just different than I'm used to. So it will take me a little while to get it all figured out.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So there is now a "Recent Posts" and a "New Posts" link under forums. New posts will show you new posts that you've not read yet---kind of like unread email. Recent posts will show you all posts sort by time (bold ones are unread)

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I can tell you all, julian and Bruce have so much experience in computers and forums, they are light years ahead! I am like you dennis. I am swimming upstream!

I want to formally apologize to Bruce. I resisted big time and I see I had no reason. Thank you Bruce for the wisdom and knowledge you have created here!

Last edited:

Kelso

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Expanding on this......and forgive me because the feature I long for may already be here and I've just missed it, but is there a data point anywhere that tells you when your last visit was? I always looked at that and then looked for the threads in what would be "Recent Posts" here to kinda compare what it was telling me was new posts vs when I was here last. Hope that makes sense

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Kelso new posts draws a thin blue line once you reach the last time you were here WRT posts. So if you don't read all of the new posts, then leave, upon return the thin blue line will be at the point you last left.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Kelso You are correct, there doesn't appear to be a way to see the date/time you last logged in.

This thread explains how the board determines where to take you in a post:

https://jetboaters.net/index.php?threads/how-the-forum-decides-where-it-takes-you-in-a-post.94/

As Jaws says, the board does divide the Unread posts list into two sections:

Section one: Unread posts since your last visit
Section two: Unread posts that were made before your last visit

These two sections are separated by text that says:

Threads below this have not been updated since your last visit but have unread messages.
So you can effectively look at the date/time of the posts above/below this line and figure it out pretty close. Hope this helps.

Kelso

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Okey dokey, just like any other new toy I guess it'll just take some getting accustomed to. Thanks!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Bruce With the volume of posting we have, we may need to increase the # of posts/page on the new posts list as the break line I talk about above is probably on page 2 or 3 for many users! A GREAT problem to have with a new forum!!!!