• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Is this the scupper I need?

Durkis007

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Durkis007 , looks correct... this is what I bought for my boat, WalMart was a little cheaper, had it in 3 days:

Attwood Thru-Transom Scupper, 1-1/2", Stainless Steel 1 $54.19 $54.19
Arrives by Fri., Jun 6
dotted-line_1.gif
dotted-line_2.gif

See our Return Policy or
contact Customer Service.
Subtotal: $54.19

Shipping: $2.97

Tax: $3.25

Order total: $60.41

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Attwood-Thru-Transom-Scupper-1-1-2-Stainless-Steel/30652711

Followed @Bruce directions from here:

https://jetboaters.net/threads/replacing-yamaha-sx230-scupper-valve.1325/

Is your scupper recessed?

Last edited:
@Durkis007, do you need to change the scupper on your 242. I believe that it is above the water level so if it failed it would not cause your boat to sink. On older models the scupper valve is located low on the transom.

I believe that the scupper you selected from Amazon will fit fine.

Those are both the identical scupper and is what I and most others are using. I have seen them as cheep as about $45 so shop around.

I would be very interested in the installation process on a 240 series boat, especially, can you install without removing anything like water boxes? Will be watching this thread for updates.

Last edited:
Thanks Guys... Ill search around for the scupper at a cheaper price, and once I get it I will let you know how the install went.

I just ordered one through replacementboatparts for $44 including shipping.

I looked at mine tonight and it appears all you will have to do is remove the clean out hatch and then you will have an easy excess to the scupper. I do not think anything else will have to be removed except the hose and scupper itself.

I assume you 240 guys have an access port or tow that does not require pulling the bilge cover. Can you change your scupper through the access ports?

@Bruce. I think it could be done through the excess port cover but would be difficult because of the the caulking needing to be removed and reinstalled, but once you remove the inspection plug cover like most have to, it will be right there and easy to switch out. You can actually reach down and touch and check the scupper by removing the quick inspection hatch which takes 1 second.

I think I clicked the wrong one....
I got no flappy flap flap....
image.jpg image.jpg

I just checked, yep I clicked the PRE56565. I just saw the measurements and ordered it:-/

Last edited:
Back