• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

"ISO" GPS/FISH FINDER

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I'm looking for a used gps/fish finder, doesn't need to be fancy, can be black and white. I just need it to be working. "Prefer" complete with cables. Thanks

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I just bought a Garmin 541S on Ebay....I have my old Garmin 430s....but it has a small problem....it fails to power on!
Well that is a "small" problem...LOL

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
What did you pay for it @Julian ? I followed in your footsteps on the 431s and sold the dawg with it on it...so I may need another bread crumb generator!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Julian did it have inland lakes and the transducer? Was it a individual sale?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The 541 is coastal maps....and yes, came with the transducer (which is sitting in the box). If my existing transducer from my 430s still works, it will remain in the box, and I could possibly ship it to you. Garmin claims it should work...I just haven't tested it yet. I think a 531s is inland lakes maps.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Stopped by West Marine today. They claim Garmin isn't loading pre-loaded inland maps any longer, just the coastal and even then not all units. So you have to pay the $149 per SD card. And...they inland lakes are in 6 regions...that is $894 for all of them. I can't say I am happy about that. Not that I need more than I need, but that is a rip!

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Newby question here...Do these marine GPS units show where the red/green channel markers are. Or do they only show maps from an aerial view...like bingmaps/googlemaps etc.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Newby question here...Do these marine GPS units show where the red/green channel markers are. Or do they only show maps from an aerial view...like bingmaps/googlemaps etc.
I will defer to those with coastal charts on their plotters, as I have not used any of those charts, just inland, and those don't have navigation buoys, at least not the lakes down here.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@geiger41 Yes they show channel markers.

Depending on which model you get and which lakes you want they have USLakeVU that covers all the big lakes in NA.

@txav8r Looks like they still have the 431s and 536s on their websites-both of which have inland lake maps....

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
One with coastal maps will cover the coast....and then get an inland lakes map for your area. Or do the reverse....get the inland lakes version and buy the coastal maps for your area. I would have bought a 531 if there had been one on sale...as I have the coastal card already....but I can sell it and buy a lakevu map for the lakes.