• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

It's worth it...

Lester

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Despite being a Yammy owner (and first time boat owner) for 4 months, I have (had) still yet to do a lot of the boat owner "firsts." I keep my boat in a high and dry (and yes, we love it there) so I had yet to tow the boat or even launch and retrieve it from my trailer. I don't own a vehicle capable of towing it is the reason for most of these but usually it doesn't matter since I live 25 minutes door to door to the marina conveniently located on the Gulf of Mexico.

Fast forward to this week. We had been planning our vacation and knew we wanted to focus it mainly on our new toy. We arranged to go to our friend's condo on North Captiva Island and stay there. This required me to finally accomplish these "firsts." My friend let me use his late model Tahoe (tows great by the way) to tow the boat for the first time. I have towed trailers bigger and heavier than my boat but I have never been this protective of my cargo before.

After doing a lot of research and reading from this site and others, I felt totally prepared to do these things and I am happy to say all went well. Thank goodness my first boat ramp launch was nearly perfect as I had images of being the star of one of those boat ramp blunder videos.

This picture shows that all of the preparation was totally worth it. This picture is right outside our front door at sunrise this morning.

image.jpg
image.jpg

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very nice - beautiful boat.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
That is beautiful!

Your rear line looks a little tight, did you allow slack for the change in tide?

1rjclark

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
With that sunset, that would have been my Father's Day spot. Just kicking back with a cold one enjoying the view! Nice looking boat and scenary

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Gym