• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Jet Docks

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My living situation is changing and i'm losing my AR192 parking spot. Next Summer i'm thinking that I will buy a jet dock (or similar) and rent a slip (salt water). What have people bought and what was the cost?

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No idea of costs in NYC, but I have a marina "dry-dock" spot. I call ahead and the boat is in the water when I get there, read for me. When I get back they haul it out (If it's after 4:30 pm they haul out the next day) They use a big fork lift to move it about. I use them only in season. I'll be leaving Nov 30, and returning next year May or June. The cheapest one where I boat in $260 month to month. Totally worth it. Boat mostly covered while in the building.

RadioWaves

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@seadude I am considering the same wave port for our slip, maybe you can answer a few questions. How do you launch the boat, does it push easily or is there a winch? How far down in the water does the lift sink when the boat is on? Does it need to be removed if the water freezes? Sorry to hijack the thread but can't find the answers anywhere

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
No idea of costs in NYC, but I have a marina "dry-dock" spot. I call ahead and the boat is in the water when I get there, read for me. When I get back they haul it out (If it's after 4:30 pm they haul out the next day) They use a big fork lift to move it about. I use them only in season. I'll be leaving Nov 30, and returning next year May or June. The cheapest one where I boat in $260 month to month. Totally worth it. Boat mostly covered while in the building.
The high and dry rack system in great I use it in Islamorad. There is no place that I ha be found on the Hudson River that does it. They have places with racks but that is just to store it for the winter. There is places on Long Island that do it.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thats a good price. A local place told me $3600 for the year ($855 of the $3600 is for winter storage from Nov 1 to April 1).. So $3600-$855=$2745 for 7 months
$2745 / 7 = $392 a month :eek: or $458 a month because that 7th month is useless (too cold)

seadude

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@seadude I am considering the same wave port for our slip, maybe you can answer a few questions. How do you launch the boat, does it push easily or is there a winch? How far down in the water does the lift sink when the boat is on? Does it need to be removed if the water freezes? Sorry to hijack the thread but can't find the answers anywhere
Properly setup it was supposed to one person launching. This was a rental and the extended keel on my 2016 resulted in too much pressure on the center rollers and it needed adjustment to put more weight on the outside rollers but the marina never got around to it - required two to four people to push it off! A winch might have worked but there was nothing to attach it to. Unless I was very aggressive with the throttle, the boat overhung the dock and left a portion of the rudder in the water which accumulated marine growth, otherwise it was high and dry. Overall I did prefer a dry rack arrangement but this was potentially more convenient. Since I didn't own it, I'm not sure what the marina is going to do with it but it was kind of a mess after a summer in salt water and would likely need to be dragged out, power washed and left out of the water to avoid damage.

RadioWaves

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for the reply @seadude, If I go this route I will probably go with the extension which will fill my 10x24 slip and hopefully make it easier to launch.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@I_squared_r I seem to remember someone here having an "inflatable lift" of some sort. I have to think that wouldn't be terribly expensive. I'l be danged if I can remember who it was though.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How did the wave port workout? Has anyone had any more use with it. Trying to decide between the airdock and the wave armor x24 port.