• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

jet spray on tubers

Ronald

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ok im getting feed back on tubers catching lots spray fom jets. Im thinking there has to a perfect set up here. 2014 240 ls is my boat. Im thinking of the tube ball to blick spray and ot 100ft rope..any advice from first hand experience is welcome..my kids are too young to wake board yet. Tx

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I use a Sportstuff Booster Ball http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=SportsStuff-Booster-Ball&i=14181

I replaced the tube tow rope on the boat side of the ball with a 50' bungee, 4 person tube tow rope from Airhead http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Airhead-Bungee-Tube-Tow-Rope&i=10369

This makes the overall length just over 80' which is enough to get the tube (generally a Super Mable) back out of the boat spray and the rough part of the jetwash + gives the riders the best overall ride + minimizes tube porpoising and/or submarining. The ball generally keeps the tow rope near the riders out of the water, minimizing the major source of spray that actually hits the riders.

Quite a bit of trial and error led us to this point - young kids on gentle rides to teens and adults on more aggressive rides approve of this setup.

Note: It is a fair bit of gear to deal with + an extra inflatable, etc. However, it works for us.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I also use the Sportstuff ball....get much better side to side swing with it. Thanks for posting that rope @GTBRMC ....just placed an order for a 2 section airhead rope that I'll be able to either replace the front side of the ball with a 50' section, or just add 10' to it..... great to know the 50' length works well. (My wallet loves this site! LOL)

This is the one I bought:
http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=18975526

Ronald

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just ordered it..65 bucks amazon prime and ill try diff rope lengths. Well try it out this weekend. Thanks for the input. Ill post our results

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just got longer rope (actually added some) so the riders are further back. The feedback was that everyone loved it much more. Many times I pull two tubes at one time (or wakeboards etc.) so make sure the rope lengths are the same if you do that.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I also use the Sportstuff ball....get much better side to side swing with it. Thanks for posting that rope @GTBRMC ....just placed an order for a 2 section airhead rope that I'll be able to either replace the front side of the ball with a 50' section, or just add 10' to it..... great to know the 50' length works well. (My wallet loves this site! LOL)

This is the one I bought:
http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=18975526

I just ordered 2 of these that way I can get two tubes out a little farther and still keep them the same distance from the boat so no one loses a head by being clothes lined! I've spent more money on my boat in the few months I've been part of this forum than in the 6 years of boat ownership prior. Thanks guys!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is what we are here for. :)

Hey, ya know, we should be able to line up sponsorships with Overtons, Amazon and West Marine...

Edited to add:

I almost forgot: What I do for spray: I have found that if you toss the tube outside the wake there is less spray and everyone enjoys it more. Takes some practice with a little turn and then accelerating to be able to do it consistently, but once you get that down, keep them on the other side of the wake and they are happier.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sounds like you riders are catching spray from the rope not the jets. Consider towing from the tower instead of the lower tow point to see if that helps. Other wise just try and keep the tubers outside of the wake.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My kiddos all wear swim goggles. We keep about 5 pairs on the boat. I also recommend running a key chain foam floater through the straps so you don't lose them after a good wipeout.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Greg M

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
here is what I did... Dock ropes. I got some 1/2" blue 20' ones, and use them as an extender that way when not in use, they are also dock lines! worked perfectly

Bowline knot tie to tube rope, loop wherever you attach....

If you're concerned about the weight rating,2 250+ pounders on HO tubes and throwing some g-forces at them all summer, no problems

Last edited: