• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoat Joe

Big Joe

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Good luck all

Last edited:

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Sweet deal!!!! Are you going to be installing the assesories or your going to have the dealer install them?

OUT ON THE REEF

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Is our pleasure that we can help
that gps Radio is the same i have in my fsh is great and the gps is great for secondary emergency only if you Simrad fails, in long trips have extra fuses always .
I call the manufacture of Standar Horaison because wen i place the coordinance on that gps u can only see a dot on the screen within 10 miles from the point of arrival ,so wen i went to bimini i had to name 4 way-points that way i can always in a emergency guide my self by seeing a dot on the screen, it gives me a peace of mind.
i had bigger boats in the pass but these 190 fsh is been my favorite is lees maintenance and is not afraid of the open ocean.
read your owner manual wen u get it ,because you have a break in period the Dealer may tell u that.
Navigate safe my frind....

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's awesome @Big Joe congrats on the new boat.

OUT ON THE REEF

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I changed my mind on the GPS unit, I went with the Lowrance HDS 7 (updated pics above) I went to west marine and played around with one today ... nice toy!
i like the lowrance 7 and it looks great on the center console im happy with mine i paid about $700 in amazon

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
@Big Joe there is many different type of tickle chargers that you can buy to charge when boat is being stored, but i also use a solar tickle charger that I purchased at Harbor Freight fro $12 on Black Friday.
It is a 7 watt solar pannel charger that puts out .5 of an Amp at 24V.
I put this on my home or starter battery depending on the need. I hook it up and strap it to a bungie cord to the battery door compartment when I leave the boat outside when dryng or when I'm preparing the boat and driving to the marina. That way if i forget to charge the battery i can make sure the battery gets charge while im on my way.Screenshot_2016-01-31-11-13-15.png

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Rule of thumb to check if a battery is fully charged is by measuring voltage 12.6 fully charged:Screenshot_2015-11-28-14-22-01-1.png

OUT ON THE REEF

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
@OUT ON THE REEF , I got the same deal on Amazon. I looked at your video again as before you said you had the same model I didn't really pay attention. It looks great....perfect fit in that dash too.

What do you do for battery charging? Did you install a dual charger or do you just use a trickle? I am thinking about installing a 2 bank waterproof charger that has an easy plug and play. I like the idea of bringing the boat home, cleaning it, pulling it in the garage and plugging it in. Done! The easier the better.
I have small slow charger that stops wen battery are charged and i have a dual battery i charge one at a time .

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrads!!! Trust me you will be happy. It's suppose to be 83 and sunny here Tuesday, so I guess I'm forced to take my fsh out to Sanibel. Lol
That's too bad! As part of your penance you must post pictures of your outing so all of us that are looking at snow can feel sorry for you!

OUT ON THE REEF

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
@OUT ON THE REEF - How did you connect your Lowrance to the Standard Horizon? What cable did you have to get for the Lowrance? Have a part # by chance?

Update - I found the cable - NDC-4 - NMEA-0183 Output Adaptor Cable - Now working on color code :)

Update 2 - Found it
Yellow <----------->Blue
Orange <----------->Grey
Shield <----------->Green

Search and thy shall find. Gotta love Google! ;)
I did not conect them together

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Cool, I have not done the connection my self, seems pretty easy. I will try to get it done this weekend.

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Dealer called this week my boat is coming in next week and it has the aluminum trailer.
My Add on's:
Minn Kota Riptide ST with iPilot and iPilot link
Humminbird Helix 9 (Used to be a lowrance guy until they stopped standing by their products when some other company bought them)
Console Cup Holder https://jetboatpilot.com/index.php?id_product=892&controller=product
SeaDek Swim platform mats

Having my GPS mounted to the right side of the cup holder on a ram mount. This is so I can turn it around and view from the front of the boat while trolling over structure. I can also remove this unit since my boat will be staying in a boat slip for most of the summer.

OUT ON THE REEF

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Well... now you know what you will need and how to... If you ever want to connect them and get true GPS location on your radio too. I thought you had connected them when you said you called Standard Horizon support.

Big Joe
What are the benefits of conecting them?