• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

JETBOATPILOT HAS SOMETHING NEW COMING SOON!!!

Order placed while sitting at work today. Thanks Will!

Always great customer service.

If you need someone to jump in cold water I don't mind pulling bost out of garage and spending afternoon filming.

The Rooster Tail should remain in Pre-Sale status which is $50 off until we move it into full production. This discount is being applied to encourage early adopters to buy now instead of waiting until the product is fully complete. I don't think we'll change the price until orders begin shipping so you've got some time.

UPDATE on Surf Tech: We hope to get some info today from our patent attorney. Once I get a chance to review I will then be able to tell if we can move forward with the filing. If we can file then we can release info asap! Hope to know something soon!!! Sorry for all the delays.

The Rooster Tail should remain in Pre-Sale status which is $50 off until we move it into full production. This discount is being applied to encourage early adopters to buy now instead of waiting until the product is fully complete. I don't think we'll change the price until orders begin shipping so you've got some time.

production from my understanding on the non AK boats will be after production of AK boats... is that correct ?

production from my understanding on the non AK boats will be after production of AK boats... is that correct ?

We basically have to design and test a mount bracket to use on boats not equipped with Articulating Keels. I believe we'll be successful on twin engine boats but single engine models I'm not very optimistic at the moment. Will require quite alot of additional R&D. If sales are there we'll commit the time to develop. If they're weak on the single engine side then it may not make sense to develop. Time will tell.

Just got my Christmas sale email fro JBP and the anticipation is there for the surf product.....please be cool, please be mildly affordable....discount for repeat buyers Will?? ;-)

Looking to get that info out there this week. Attorneys don't move fast, especially around the holidays! lol

What's the difference between a dead skunk in the middle of the road and a dead attorney in the middle of the road?

There are skid marks in front of the skunk.

@JetBoatPilot Well you have definitely peaked my interest in the surf mod, can you hint at the price point so I can begin laying the groundwork with the wife?

DavisAr192 is very serious! A couple of divorces can give you that perspective!

B0680A41-3ACF-4B5B-9A4D-8B28684BF458.gif

So will this fit or work on my 2012 seadoo challenger 210?

Right now it will only work on Yamaha boats but eventually there is a possibility it could work on other brands. We need to test the market first with the Yamaha version and then expound on that if as successful as we forecast.

The price points are not quite settled at this time. I know twin engine units will be well south of $1000 and single engine units will be well south of $500. But with lots of testing and tooling yet to be finalized we just can't give more detail than that.

Our attorney contacted us and hopes to have language to us today. If I can get that approved today we could have a reveal tomorrow! Fingers crossed!!!!

Right now it will only work on Yamaha boats but eventually there is a possibility it could work on other brands. We need to test the market first with the Yamaha version and then expound on that if as successful as we forecast.

The price points are not quite settled at this time. I know twin engine units will be well south of $1000 and single engine units will be well south of $500. But with lots of testing and tooling yet to be finalized we just can't give more detail than that.

Our attorney contacted us and hopes to have language to us today. If I can get that approved today we could have a reveal tomorrow! Fingers crossed!!!!
SOLD - I will be first in line for the Single engine version once it's available!

I may have missed this Will but can you 'prime the pump" by telling us if it is similar in design concept (forcing water into the jet nozzles like Yamaha's WakeBooster?

Also, will the design (JetBoatPilot) need ballast to shape the wave??

I am still not sure if Yamaha's WakeBooster needs ballast for the demo wave but it would be nice to know for comparison.

If I had to guess, since the rooster was a side effect discovery, the surf product is similar to a reversed hydrofoil like used on older Centurions equipped with the Switchback or like the Malibu Wedge. I know that Malibu was very protective of their wedge but switchback also had their design first. The switchback is no longer used on Centurions or any manufactured boat so I’m not sure if Malibu forced that or not with their patent. Not sure how that plays with Will’s design either since we are jet drives... maybe there is some gray area lingo we are able to get around?

I’m just concerned with forces on the AK rudder and ride plate since it’s all integrated on the 19’ boats. Seems like a lot of force as the Malibu wedge simulates about 1,000 lbs of ballast. When you look at a Malibu Wedge or Switchback the mounting is quite substantial and is reinforced into the hull during the hull manufacturing process. Wonder if this will intruduce any cavitation issues if it is a reverse hydrofoil and if Lucky 13 will be more desired with this mod. Time and testing will tell I guess.

Interesting to see what Will shows us! Can you tell us if the thing I noticed on the side of the hull is part of the surf device or something else entirely?

Last edited:
If I had to guess, since the rooster was a side effect discovery, the surf product is similar to a reversed hydrofoil like used on older Centurions equipped with the Switchback or like the Malibu Wedge. I know that Malibu was very protective of their wedge but switchback also had their design first. Not sure how that plays with Will’s design since we are jets maybe there is some gray area lingo we are able to get around.

I’m just concerned with forces on the AK rudder and ride plate since it’s all integrated on the 19’ boats. Seems like a lot of force as the Malibu wedge simulates about 1,000 lbs of ballast. When you look at a Malibu Wedge or Switchback the mounting is quite substantial and is reinforced into the hull during the hull manufacturing process. Wonder if this will intruduce any cavitation issues if it is a reverse hydrofoil and if Lucky 13 will be more desired with this mod. Time and testing will tell I guess.

Interesting to see what Will shows us!

Actually somewhere Will explained that the rooster wasn't a side effect of the surf product but was a totally second product that was supposed to enhance the original surf product's results. So point being, the surf product isn't "necessarily" similar in form or function to the rooster product. The side effect discovery that is talked about is the "rooster tail" being a side affect of what that second experimental product was intended for (and didn't work so they scrapped the idea), not a side affect of creating the original surf product. At least this is how I understood Will's explanation in another thread. But yeah at any rate, hopefully all this speculation will soon be over - very interested to see if there will be a better way to get a good wave outside of putting a bag on the swim platform.

Not to piss in the punch bowl but... the way I see it, the new device will need to be something along the lines @haknslash's description. Lots of potential but also lots of potential issues. I very much hope it is something of a breakthrough and sounds like there will be no shortage of people wanting to test the device!

If it is a breakthrough, I will be delighted. Very interested in anything that can help either the setup or to create a better wave! But, with my current set up I put the Wedge on, fill two bags (swim deck and ski locker) and... go surfing. The Wake Wedge, once deployed, stays there all day long and does not interfere with anything; the bags drain anytime, on/off plane. Just saying.

--

But the biggest drawback to the wedge is it’s a big PIA to switch sides even with 2 wedges if you have both traditional and Goofy surfers. I know several of us are interested in more convienant alternatives for this very reason. ;)

Back