• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot: TEACHES YOU HOW TO WINTERIZE YOUR YAMAHA

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

This video is from a year ago, and it is totally worth YOUR time !@ 7 minutes of important instruction on how to do this PROPERLY !@

Enjoy and Hey ! Have a great week - Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

And in case you can't find this post....its linked in the FAQ!

Great video. Two observations, one is that it is easier to fog into the tube just downstream of the air filter than it is to remove the air filter. Two is use caution filling fuel to the brim in a high temperature area. My 210 was filled to the brim and gas expanded staining the cover and gel coat. I fill it full, but when the nozzle clicks off I am done. That plus running it to mix the stabilizer, blow out and fog should keep it very full to avoid condensation, but not full enough to have an expansion spill.

Awesome job Will, standard!

All very valid points @jawsf16

Thanks!

I agree about spraying into the opening where the tube is. After struggling trying to get the air filter off, I said forget it! I tried for 10 minutes on both... Yes, I took the screw out! Yamaha simply did not allow enough clearance on this one. I don't know what that hose is for, but it goes off and on very easily. Sprayed about twenty short blast of fogging spray, each time causing the engines to run rough. Then I sprayed a constant stream to kill the engines, but could not get the engine to die as this was done. After no. 1, I did no. 2, then each was turned on and any remaining water was hopefully blasted out. I was expecting the water that was going into the hose ports to shoot from the pee streams on the. Side, but it escaped out the bottom intake I think. I did this two nights ago and last night it was 20* so I hope it all worked! It was all very simple except the filter b.s.

Previous boat ownership always seems to enter the picture @RForester , and we expect to fog these things like we would the farm equipment. Yamaha doesn't recommend it. As a matter of fact, you don't kill the engines when fogging. And if you step up your idle to 2000 rpm's or no wake mode if you have it (Yamaha refers to "fast idle"), it won't die and that is good. Because Yamaha says to fog each individual throttle body for a minute each, or for a single throttle body on all 4 cylinders, 4 minutes total. That may take more than a can but I generally go with a can in each engine. The rev the crap out of it after you shut off the water and get all the water out of the engine and exhaust. You won't get the water out of the water box (water lock or muffler), it holds a few inches of water in the bottom of it. But that is absolutely fine, it is a stainless steel cylinder with convex ends, and it is designed to always retain some water. And the way it is made is to allow for expansion if and when it freezes. We have plenty of members world wide that just blow out the engines after removal from the water, and I have never heard of a water box ever rupturing if the excess is blown out leaving just the residual few inches. If you blow it out, it will never hold more than the bottom of the exhaust hose that enters the end of it, and that may be 3 inches or so. Your good! BTW, what lakes do you guys use up there? Meridith is not much good. I grew up half my younger years in AMA...good to have a high plains member!

Txav8r, thanks for the reply, sorry it's taken so long for me to comment back. Yeah, Meridith is pretty sad. It's only about trolling motor worthy. Fishing stinks, no water for boating. We go to Conchas in New Mexico. It's a Great Lake right now, I recommend a visit to anyone. My wife's family has had a boathouse on it since the 50's.

I'm glad I found a site that has the answers to all my questions. This is my first time winterizing and changing the oil in my AR192. The comments and videos I'm finding in the forums here are making this a lot easier than I thought it would be. Thanks!

I would be cautious of revving engines too vigorously. I was told they do not recommend revving too high under no load.

I'm glad I found a site that has the answers to all my questions. This is my first time winterizing and changing the oil in my AR192. The comments and videos I'm finding in the forums here are making this a lot easier than I thought it would be. Thanks!
Spread the word my friend! You can't find another forum as smart and friendly as this one.

Back