• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot's New Surf Tech, Thrust Vector Wake

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Maybe I'm missing something too, but who even pays attention to something like the cut out in the fin?? You can't even see it when boat is in the water.
I was thinking the same thing. To each their own, but I'm not sure I care at all as long as it works well. If it was above water line then sure, make it look pretty as well.

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm interested for the low speed steering and tubing. A couple of questions:
1. Any impact on straight line performance or efficiency?
2. Somewhat concerned about the 4" decrease in ground clearance for single engine boats. Any issues in tying it up during trailering?

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@mwalker4 if it comes in contact with trailer boat is gonna have a lot more issues then the fins attached.

In regards to straight line performance do you mean going faster or keeping it on a straight line? Shouldn't have that effect.. it will have effect on the jet spray as it wont pop into the air as high.

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Going faster or use more gas. Seems like modifying your water flow could impact in these areas.

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@mwalker4 if it comes in contact with trailer boat is gonna have a lot more issues then the fins attached.

When I had a stern drive, there were gas stations with steep entrance and exits aprons which could cause the skeg to drag if not careful. One of things I like about the jet boat is this is not a concern.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Going faster or use more gas. Seems like modifying your water flow could impact in these areas.
My understanding is that it pushes the get wash down up to tubing speeds. Wont impact the water flow through engine. I also dont believe it would push down/plow bow enough to cause more gas usage.

@JetBoatPilot Can answer those 2 questions better though.

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Maybe I'm missing something too, but who even pays attention to something like the cut out in the fin?? You can't even see it when boat is in the water.
I do...
why does Will not have the cut out on all sides then... it would save money on material for him and possibly us.
Also... why does Will include both cutout and non cutout for starboard side on his other thrust vector packages. Why not just do it the same with with TVW and only have the cutout option
I like things to be aesthetically correct

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I do...
why does Will not have the cut out on all sides then... it would save money on material for him and possibly us.
Also... why does Will include both cutout and non cutout for starboard side on his other thrust vector packages. Why not just do it the same with with TVW and only have the cutout option
I like things to be aesthetically correct
He's not saying he won't do it or that it can't be done... it's just not feasible for them to be able to do it now when they're trying to meet their product delivery deadline later this month... @JetBoatPilot is being as accommodating as he can, give the dude a break...

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Again, to each their own. If you reaaally care about that cutout then you are in all your right to not purchase the product. Not trying to be an a-hole here, but you are coming across as a bit harsh on JBP for not changing his production / supply / logistics at a moment when they are basically in super crunch mode.

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Again, to each their own. If you reaaally care about that cutout then you are in all your right to not purchase the product. Not trying to be an a-hole here, but you are coming across as a bit harsh on JBP for not changing his production / supply / logistics at a moment when they are basically in super crunch mode.
Not harsh at all... just questioning the reasoning for the decision he has made. His previos kits included both fins. He never mentioned one time (until asked) that the TVW would not have both fins included, so to me for my boat it does not look correct when visible. It does not matter if it can be seen in the water or not. Now if i do want to have a solid fin in the future, I will have to pay the premium price, which in my opinion is not right. I have already prepaid and was not given a choice.

Kind-of like a woman wearing matching underwear and bra. (no one sees it right) and you may not care what it looks like... but she might : )

@J-RAD, I do not mind waiting for a product that is complete for my rudderless boat. I am not given that option

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Fair.

Nick212

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Why is everyone so upset about the cutout. JBP has worked hard to produce an enhanced wake and this product will do that. Will has already stated that once shipping started that they may look at offering with out the cutout. Let's give him a break and be thankful for the great products they do provide.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not harsh at all... just questioning the reasoning for the decision he has made. His previos kits included both fins. He never mentioned one time (until asked) that the TVW would not have both fins included, so to me for my boat it does not look correct when visible. It does not matter if it can be seen in the water or not. Now if i do want to have a solid fin in the future, I will have to pay the premium price, which in my opinion is not right. I have already prepaid and was not given a choice.

Kind-of like a woman wearing matching underwear and bra. (no one sees it right) and you may not care what it looks like... but she might : )

@J-RAD, I do not mind waiting for a product that is complete for my rudderless boat. I am not given that option
I understand the disagreement and he's explained why he can't do it currently. He said you can call him and discuss it further in person... so I suggest you do so. I think will has a reputation if being very reasonable and more than accommodating in most circumstances. Don't forget this product release and deadline is happening on the heels of having their facility wrecked by a hurricane. So, if being harsh is not your intention, then I suggest you start being a little more understanding of the circumstances and rather than berating or questioning him further on how he's conducting his business, call him and speak with him directly to resolve the matter.

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Think it time to move on fella’s. I’m like @tabbibus and would prefer matching sides. I think he was just trying to get some understanding as to why he couldn’t get a matching side. We shell out good money for these products so he has the right to ask a few questions. I don’t think it’s anyones intent to question the product when the verdict is still out.

Now, let’s talk about who’s gonna get the golden ticket and get theirs first and post their real world average Joe findings.

We got a good group here, we’re all on the same side.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
yes! I can't wait to see real world regular Joe reviews.

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
FYI gents... I spoke with Will on the phone. I have the upmost respect for him. I am keeping my preorder in line.
If in the future I still want the solid fin, we should be able to work something out

Nick212

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Glad you gave him a call.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here's a new video my business partner's son Thomas just edited for us. He's a great producer and also getting good at surfing and wakeboarding!

In this video he shows off some surfing, slalom skiing and wakeboarding. I know some of you slalom guys were wondering so here you go!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Lookin good, Will. How much ballast?