• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot's New Surf Tech, Thrust Vector Wake

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
New to the jet boat thing and was wondering..If the thrust vector wake does the same as the nozzles turned inward, Why buy the TVW and not just leave the nozzles turned inward?
Because the nozzles turned inward is just a portion of what makes our system work. Plus 99% of the other boats out there cannot achieve this due to some limiting geometry inside the nozzle. To make it work you have to remove the nozzles from the boat and mount the nozzle in a specially made jig. Machine away a specific amount of material and then reinstall on the boat. Then you'd toe in the nozzles approx 7 degrees on each side.

When all that is done you still don't have a dry ride for tubing, you still have a washy surf wave and the steering around the dock is not any better than pointed straight.

Our system gives every Yamaha boater the benefit plus much more.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Will (aka @JetBoatPilot) from jetboatpilot.com has answered this question earlier in the thread. If I understand this correcly, and correct me if I'm wrong, but the idea with the newer Yamaha twins is to actually change the angle of the jets as to straighten the thrust so it's not angled in, and the kits directs the jet downwards and smooths off and cleans up the center of the wake with a seperate "JetWash Deflector".

Guys did I get that correct?
Pretty much. We deflect inward and downward....unlike the Surf Pointe system which is inward only.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ordered March 9th. Any idea on approx shipping date?
Likely before the next batch which is scheduled for first or second week of June. I think yours could go out next week if all goes well.

sbfd0414

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
T
Because the nozzles turned inward is just a portion of what makes our system work. Plus 99% of the other boats out there cannot achieve this due to some limiting geometry inside the nozzle. To make it work you have to remove the nozzles from the boat and mount the nozzle in a specially made jig. Machine away a specific amount of material and then reinstall on the boat. Then you'd toe in the nozzles approx 7 degrees on each side.

When all that is done you still don't have a dry ride for tubing, you still have a washy surf wave and the steering around the dock is not any better than pointed straight.

Our system gives every Yamaha boater the benefit plus much more.
Thanks for the info..Sounds like you do your research and don't just try to sell a product. Do you have a video on how to straighten the nozzles, and if I order them this weekend any idea when I may get them?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
T

Thanks for the info..Sounds like you do your research and don't just try to sell a product. Do you have a video on how to straighten the nozzles, and if I order them this weekend any idea when I may get them?
Right now it is looking like middle of June for 2nd round orders and the video showing the installation of the thrust vector wake shows a brief explanation of how to straighten the nozzles.

Rumbo

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
New to the jet boat thing and was wondering..If the thrust vector wake does the same as the nozzles turned inward, Why buy the TVW and not just leave the nozzles turned inward?
The surf point on X series boats only directs the nozzles toward the center, it does not direct them downward. In order to clean up the wake they need to be directed in AND down which is what the TVW’s do.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So, you got up to Jan 28th earlier in week. Did parts come in as expected for more to be packaged and shipped today? I was Feb 2nd and didn't get an email today.

Just curious. Enjoy your weekend.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So, you got up to Jan 28th earlier in week. Did parts come in as expected for more to be packaged and shipped today? I was Feb 2nd and didn't get an email today.

Just curious. Enjoy your weekend.
Yes we sent out many more today. I think up through mid February but not sure. I was not in on that part of the shipping today. I was busy building kits and quality controlling.

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks Will and staff for everything!!
Received mine yesterday and will start the install today..really appreciated the unboxing / install videos they are going to be priceless during the install.
I also received the lateral thrusters..looking forward to a surf-able summer if it ever stops raining..now I just have to order some ballast.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks Will and staff for everything!!
Received mine yesterday and will start the install today..really appreciated the unboxing / install videos they are going to be priceless during the install.
I also received the lateral thrusters..looking forward to a surf-able summer if it ever stops raining..now I just have to order some ballast.
Awesome, let us know if you need any help with the install. Enjoy!!!

AZ Native

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Will, I received my kit Friday. Thank you. Last night I assembled the ladder Jetwash deflector system. Today I’m installing the TVW’s. Just a couple observations on the Jetwash Deflector. 1) The two outside punched holes for the handle assembly at the top of the deflector were about 1/16” to 3/32” too far apart and didn’t line up with the holes in the plastic pieces. I used a drill bit and ground out the holes inward and then everything lined up. 2) A number 3 or larger Phillips screw driver is absolutely necessary to get enough purchase and grip on the bolts to properly tighten. Anything smaller wants to strip the head. I can’t imagine a senario where a power drill is good idea for this assembly. So far your videos are a huge help. I will be installing the TVW’s today with my iPad next to me.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Will, I received my kit Friday. Thank you. Last night I assembled the ladder Jetwash deflector system. Today I’m installing the TVW’s. Just a couple observations on the Jetwash Deflector. 1) The two outside punched holes for the handle assembly at the top of the deflector were about 1/16” to 3/32” too far apart and didn’t line up with the holes in the plastic pieces. I used a drill bit and ground out the holes inward and then everything lined up. 2) A number 3 or larger Phillips screw driver is absolutely necessary to get enough purchase and grip on the bolts to properly tighten. Anything smaller wants to strip the head. I can’t imagine a senario where a power drill is good idea for this assembly. So far your videos are a huge help. I will be installing the TVW’s today with my iPad next to me.
Thanks for the feedback. We are revising the drawings so the holes are more accurate. Those were cut manually due to a mistake in the fab process.

We hope you enjoy! Looking forward to your feedback.

AZ Native

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’ve put about 4 hours into the install. Those that think you’re going to do this in the parking lot at the lake, think again. Will I ran into three problems, I’m solving as I go. All 3 have to do with the stop brackets.
1). The aluminum molds for the pump housing don’t seem to be created equal on all sides. One of them on the left side of the Starboard Pump, the stop screw adjustment is so close to the pump that the reverse hood wouldn’t go back into place. I ended up filing down the edges of the stop screw until the hood would clear and go back into place. Still rubs a little.
552E85F5-7E90-4C4B-8E6B-030ED4EA3106.jpeg

2). The two right side stop brackets stick out too far and I cannot reconnect the steering tie arm. The bolt cannot be inserted from the top as from the factory, but there is no room to reinstall the nut when inserting from the bottom. This is the case for both left and right pumps. I’m going to see if I can get my Dremil in there and take about 1/4” of material off the bracket. No steering, no good.
EA5E5D6E-7E19-4133-ACC2-A7551D3FEE55.jpeg

3). I haven’t figured out how to get the Alan wrench into the back side of the stop screws for adjustment in both up and down positions the fin stop peg is in the way. I couldn’t get a photo of this, but I could use some help with this.

My guess is some modifications will be needed on most installs, I’m okay with this, but unlike past product, this isn’t an easy install. For the non-mechanical I recommend a professional install. I still have to solve the tie rod problem and figure out how to adjust the stops.

Will, my Jetwash Deflector fit perfect, There is no up and down play, solid as a rock.

Here a couple of 90% pictures:
3F1D3A1B-6612-4357-8201-4E494A55DB8E.jpeg
76F2E1F3-8757-4BE5-8F7C-4A365D21DAB4.jpeg
11B829E9-C47D-44DE-83F7-54D90987DA6E.jpeg

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I’ve put about 4 hours into the install. Those that think you’re going to do this in the parking lot at the lake, think again. Will I ran into three problems, I’m solving as I go. All 3 have to do with the stop brackets.
1). The aluminum molds for the pump housing don’t seem to be created equal on all sides. One of them on the left side of the Starboard Pump, the stop screw adjustment is so close to the pump that the reverse hood wouldn’t go back into place. I ended up filing down the edges of the stop screw until the hood would clear and go back into place. Still rubs a little.
View attachment 95155

2). The two right side stop brackets stick out too far and I cannot reconnect the steering tie arm. The bolt cannot be inserted from the top as from the factory, but there is no room to reinstall the nut when inserting from the bottom. This is the case for both left and right pumps. I’m going to see if I can get my Dremil in there and take about 1/4” of material off the bracket. No steering, no good.
View attachment 95156

3). I haven’t figured out how to get the Alan wrench into the back side of the stop screws for adjustment in both up and down positions the fin stop peg is in the way. I couldn’t get a photo of this, but I could use some help with this.

My guess is some modifications will be needed on most installs, I’m okay with this, but unlike past product, this isn’t an easy install. For the non-mechanical I recommend a professional install. I still have to solve the tie rod problem and figure out how to adjust the stops.

Will, my Jetwash Deflector fit perfect, There is no up and down play, solid as a rock.

View attachment 95157
View attachment 95158
View attachment 95159
Call me 8509603236

ilangtry

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
View attachment 95155

View attachment 95156

View attachment 95157
View attachment 95158
View attachment 95159
Hopefully theses issues get addressed, especially in future shipments.

dadofral

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I sure don’t want to battle this for FOUR hours. I thought it may take awhile like up to three hours maybe. Add in that I’m putting on the thrusters and I could shoot half a day easy. Here’s to hoping it goes better.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hopefully theses issues get addressed, especially in future shipments.
Weve seen the issues and already have immediate plans to resolve.... also possible redesign of the up stop could be on the way if first plans are not 100%. Apparently the tolerances on these nozzles are not very tight.....I would have lost a bet on that!

AZ Native

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I sure don’t want to battle this for FOUR hours. I thought it may take awhile like up to three hours maybe. Add in that I’m putting on the thrusters and I could shoot half a day easy. Here’s to hoping it goes better.
Battle is a little strong. This 61 year old man spent more time reviewing the install video than I did working on the install. This new TVW is such a major leap forward In technology I wanted to make sure I did it right. I don’t mind at all sharing my experience which may not be typical. I rarely deal with any new technology at any level that doesn’t need a little tweaking at first. I have no doubt Will appreciates the feedback and will quickly make adjustments. In the mean time, us early adopters need a little patience and expect to be a bit of a Guinea pig.

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
View attachment 95155

View attachment 95156

View attachment 95157
View attachment 95158
View attachment 95159

You are awesome for drafting this up. Most people would of been 12 beers in and fcking livid at this point, and gone straight to the manufacture, and just crying wolf. But you put together pictures and well explained scenarios. I don’t even have a boat yet... but I can appreciate what you did here to the fullest. Thank you for taking the time to put this together, things like this will help us “ future purchasers” out immensely!!!!

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
IMG_2010.JPG

I'm worried with that close of a tolerance vibration and turning will loosen the upstop bracket. Do you recommend grinding it and if so how?
Thanks for any insight..