• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot's New Surf Tech, Thrust Vector Wake

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The new V2 height gauge was adjusted slightly north of the original height gauge. This was done to ensure that the system would not be overloaded since the installs are being done by a wide range of installers with equally wide ranging skill sets. Once we tested again today with our V2 gauge settings we decided to go back to the dock and give the up stop bolts a full turn each (bolt head nearer the transom). This lowered the deflectors a bit and the wave got much cleaner. We just brought it back to the shop and are about to adjust about 1/2 turn extra which I think will get us back to the original V1 gauge height, which was always most optimal. During testing I put my hand on the deflector and pushed down ever so slightly on the fin and the wave got super clean so we know that the smallest adjustment can make a huge difference. My rider said that the wave got taller too. In fact, he said he felt like the wave was up to his waist for that short time and he's 5'10.
Ok, so I figured out why my deflectors had little, to no effect. I went to drop them, and put the v2 gauge in to see that my stops were set well above the highest line. I must have had one too many Bloody Ceasars that morning. I doubt they were doing anything at all.

So, I reset them to a point between the two lines. And also confirmed that the stops were hitting evenly. I am going out tomorrow afternoon to test with the family. I will be sure to report back.

Good luck all

Last edited:

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Quick follow up report.

Had the boat out Saturday. 850 Transom bag full on the port side. Two adults in the bow, two along the port side. So the boat listed port easily with the swimdeck under water. Bilge pump on the entire time, and it pumped as we went. So much less water dropped at the landing.

The wave volume was good, but additional adults would have helped. I truly need a surf session with a full boat. Shopping for additional ballasts used now. (stupid addiction) But with balanced weight the boat worked much less getting up to surf speed. Amazing how an empty hull and proper balance helps.

As far as the TV-wakes, you could tell they were adding volume to the wave. It was still dirty, so i think the boat needs more ballast and they could possibly be dropped more yet. I didn't have the balls to reach over and press down on them like Will. HA. When I popped, the boat hardly struggled, even with a green driver. We kept it in deep water and it formed well. (lesson learned on depth) I have video, but just imagine a half ass wave with enough push for the fat kid, and a bunch of first timers falling. It's odd, as I just need to record the times that the wave forms perfectly, as it happens at least once each outing that the wave is nearly perfect and clean, and we just need to replicate. I guess that is what those fancy controls on the wake boats are for.

More to come....

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I guess that is what those fancy controls on the wake boats are for.
Not really... Even with a Yamaha jet boat you can reliably generate a surfable wave to push a 200+lbs adult, ropeless, all day long in strait line. If that is what you want to do. I would know as we do just that whenever we can! Surfing ropeless can be so much fun, I can hardly think of anything better.

The key appears to be using the right equipment/mods to do the job. In my experience anyway.

--

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yup, I'm aspiring to be like you in every way, every day! Believe me, I'm taking notes. I just need wittier responses that get more likes.
here, have a like

cbpagent72

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I've been looking through this thread and I can't seem to find my answer, how do you straighten this Surfpoint angled jets? I've received my updated parts and I'm ready to install it

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It is in the install video.

Rustynuts

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I just used a 4’ Level across the nozzles and adjusted them till they both set flat on the level.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Kevin-yyz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I’m interested to know if the surfpoint has any beneficial effect to the wave with a booster or wedge. I’m thinking it would be better to adjust the nozzles to their normal position

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m interested to know if the surfpoint has any beneficial effect to the wave with a booster or wedge. I’m thinking it would be better to adjust the nozzles to their normal position
@Rod5 tested it and has reported some modest improvement with the Wedge
View attachment 77415View attachment 77414 Update: Here is the measurement comparison between stock pre-surfpointe at 19.5 inches and the 2018 surfpoint at 18 inches. As you can see the nozzles are pointer a whole inch and a half closer to each other. My DIY adjustments mimicking only got them a half inch closer at 19 inches. I suppose the new nozzles could be shaped differently with built in offsets.

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

No wedge...just ballast...

Lrfd212x

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So does anyone have any video of thes really dialed in yet I’ve been kinda disappointed with the results I’m seeing thus far, I just got mine installed and haven’t had the chance to get them out yet, just wondering if I’m going to be let down

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So does anyone have any video of thes really dialed in yet I’ve been kinda disappointed with the results I’m seeing thus far, I just got mine installed and haven’t had the chance to get them out yet, just wondering if I’m going to be let down
All of our test footage has been done on a 2018 212X. We're using Thrust Vector Wake, Ballast and just installed the new plug and play version of the Perfect Pass. There are several that have posted great results on Facebook. Maybe they will start posting here too.

Here's some of our video:

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
New JetWash Deflector assembly instructions

We just made the decision to partially assemble the JetWash Deflector prior to shipping Thrust Vector Wake twin engine kits. This decision was made because many were getting the assembly wrong and the product was not performing well and in some cases, even falling off the boat.

The reason the kit is only partially assembled is due to the universal nature of the design. It is made to work with two ladder types, which feature slightly different geometry.

The JetWash Deflector comes pre-assembled for new style ladders (2009-Newer) with only one step necessary to complete the assembly. For users who have Yamaha twin engine boats from 2003-2008 the JetWash Deflector has to be configured a bit differently. To learn more about how to complete the assembly of your partially assembled JetWash Deflector click here: JetBoatPilot Partially Assembled JetWash Deflector Assembly Manual

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot when will the revised single engine parts start shipping? Still holding on my install for now.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

cbpagent72

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have hit a roadblock trying to install the TVW on my 2018 212X. I cannot get the starboard side out of Surfpoint. When I try to thread in the screw in to only 5 threads showing it gets stuck and won't go past the point in the photo.

Attachments