• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot's New Surf Tech, Thrust Vector Wake

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Soundproofing is my next project

capt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The more I drive with the new TVW'S the more I love them. The steering response is great and my kids love the reduced spray. I finally got on the tube and did not have any issues with annoying spray. I was using a 50 ft rope with 8 feet extension towing from tower. I'm very happy with them thus far. I hope when I start trying to surf that it cleans the wake as well as it helps with steering and reducing spray.

Rumbo

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The more I drive with the new TVW'S the more I love them. The steering response is great and my kids love the reduced spray. I finally got on the tube and did not have any issues with annoying spray. I was using a 50 ft rope with 8 feet extension towing from tower. I'm very happy with them thus far. I hope when I start trying to surf that it cleans the wake as well as it helps with steering and reducing spray.
What boat do you have? Did you set your TVW’s with the V1 or V2 gauge?

Rumbo

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have an 07 sx230 I have never adjusted the stops from factory setup.
I’m curious to know where your set to. I set mine with the V2 gauge and had very inconsistent results with spray on tubers.

capt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m curious to know where your set to. I set mine with the V2 gauge and had very inconsistent results with spray on tubers.
I'll have the boat in my drive way Saturday and ill check. I'm curious as well what they are set at. I'm assuming v1 but I'll let you know.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'll have the boat in my drive way Saturday and ill check. I'm curious as well what they are set at. I'm assuming v1 but I'll let you know.
Ya, that will be important, as there is no "factory setting" per se. The up stops were just threaded in and you need to tune where the deflectors stop. I plan on dropping mine to V1 tonight or tomorrow. But that will be after we test again with a full boat of weight.

Good luck guys!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ya, that will be important, as there is no "factory setting" per se. The up stops were just threaded in and you need to tune where the deflectors stop. I plan on dropping mine to V1 tonight or tomorrow. But that will be after we test again with a full boat of weight.

Good luck guys!
I am interested to hear if the spray is being produced by bow weight. Make sure you shift riders from front to rear when tubing and then back to front. I'd like to hear if that makes a difference. We're getting lots of good reviews and some mixed reviews as well. This data will help us to make it 100% positive.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So at speed when tubing the fins where hitting on something not giving me full turning radius on the steering wheel.

I removed the ladder mounted deflector and that seemed to resolve it, but that means I now have spray.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So at speed when tubing the fins where hitting on something not giving me full turning radius on the steering wheel.

I removed the ladder mounted deflector and that seemed to resolve it, but that means I now have spray.
The JetWash deflector is assembled incorrectly. Refer to the assembly video and you'll see that the small white rectangular down stop is installed backwards. Take it off and reassemble with the edge overlapping the deflector body and it won't hang down.

Rumbo

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

The JetWash deflector is assembled incorrectly. Refer to the assembly video and you'll see that the small white rectangular down stop is installed backwards. Take it off and reassemble with the edge overlapping the deflector body and it won't hang down.
Wait...are you supposed to use the jet wash deflector while at tubing speeds??? I thought it was only for surfing?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wait...are you supposed to use the jet wash deflector while at tubing speeds??? I thought it was only for surfing?
Correct, only used for surfing. At tubing speed it is out of the water completely.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine looks exactly like the one in the video except that it is put together for the older style ladder.

I didn't realize that you were supposed to take it off for tubing.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Mine looks exactly like the one in the video except that it is put together for the older style ladder.

I didn't realize that you were supposed to take it off for tubing.
Can you email me a picture. It is not supposed to hang down low enough to allow the fins to hit it.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mine hung down very low both ways I tried to put the top brace piece on my 06 sx230. In fact I had to put the top HDPE on backwards because it wouldn't clip into the ladder with it overhanging out like directions show.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It has to overhang, otherwise it will hang down too low and the fins will hit. Make sure the rubber strap is not in the way when you're installing. It should pass through the handle.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am interested to hear if the spray is being produced by bow weight. Make sure you shift riders from front to rear when tubing and then back to front. I'd like to hear if that makes a difference. We're getting lots of good reviews and some mixed reviews as well. This data will help us to make it 100% positive.
Having all of your party at the back of the boat while trying to pull a tube with a couple heavy riders is not a recipe for a good time trying to get on plane.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Having all of your party at the back of the boat while trying to pull a tube with a couple heavy riders is not a recipe for a good time trying to get on plane.
Maybe leaving a rider or two in the bow with others in the rear will still allow you to get to plane speed easily. We're trying to determine the reason why some boats are getting great results and others are not. At this point we're looking to experiment until we discover the reason for the spray.

John Mcpartland

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Im also having a hard time getting on plane with any weight on the back. once I finally got to try them yesterday, for whatever reason I couldn't use any ballast, I was getting a lot of spray from the fins themselves. kind of like when you put your thumb over a hose when watering

ctglass

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Will, I saw you posted on the Jet Boaters Facebook that you are finalizing some revisions next week. Can you elaborate on the changes? Have my TVWs sitting by the door for install this weekend, but curious if I should hold off for an update?