• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot's New Surf Tech, Thrust Vector Wake

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I got a tracking number!

Oh wait. It is was for seadeck...

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We are coming down to the wire with shipments from suppliers coming in daily. There is a chance that I'm going to have to jump in the truck and drive to Nashville to pick up some parts that could not make it on the freight truck. Yay! Some but not all will ship on the 21st...

We are backordered on a spring right now on a portion of the pre orders so those orders will go out in the first week of June. I think we're going to be able to ship most of the orders up through March or April on the 21st and 22nd.

We're working to find an accurate cutoff date for this first round of shipments. I am sorry that all will not go but one of our suppliers has dropped the ball on us. These things happen. Know that we're doing everything we can to ship as quickly as possible.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks to Will for applying F.I.F.O. (first in first out) on the order shipments!

We know you're doing your best

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks to Will for applying F.I.F.O. (first in first out) on the order shipments!

We know you're doing your best
We're running hard and my crew are stressed to the max!!!! But we'll get there!

Last edited:

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It sucks to be so successful!

Nick212

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
OOOHHHHHH, :oops: I placed my order on April 2nd. Hope I make the first shipments

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I checked this afternoon and I think we'll get a good bit of the way through March but not sure if we'll see April orders on this round. Next shipments are tentatively scheduled for the week of June 3-7. We hope to ship the remainder of orders in this time frame.

Rumbo

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know that my order looks like it says 4/29 but it was really 1/29. Must have been a smudge on the paperwork or something. I would prove it but I already threw away that credit card statement 😂

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I checked this afternoon and I think we'll get a good bit of the way through March but not sure if we'll see April orders on this round. Next shipments are tentatively scheduled for the week of June 3-7. We hope to ship the remainder of orders in this time frame.
Shoot! So, March 29th probably not going to make the cutoff.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I heard a few packages are ready to go out, and FedEx likes not picking up 500 in one day. Should mail some today :)

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I heard a few packages are ready to go out, and FedEx likes not picking up 500 in one day. Should mail some today :)
We may not have all the parts in house until Tuesday!!! Not kidding. I may have to jump in a truck and meet one of my Chicago suppliers, who happens to be a Yamaha Jet Boat owner, half way in Nashville to get the parts needed to ship on time!!!

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The fact that these guys are so much in crunch mode but still manage to get other orders out (seadeck arriving today) is outstanding. Keep up the good work Will!

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@tabbibus I'd offer to help with seadek but I would be lying if I said I've done it before. I laid the pieces out and watched my wife install. She does great work.

@JetBoatPilot just excited. I know yall will ship ASAP. If you see a Ford with owl on side of it driving up and down 75 looking for your seadek wrapped truck, I'm not stalking you.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
For those that are removing previous versions of the fins, now is the time to prepare for removal. Don't expect to crack the loctite with an L-shaped allen wrench. And with nylon washers, heat may not be an option either.

Will shared some tips and I will share what worked for me the last couple days to remove mine.

If you have the 5mm Allen head bolts, be sure to go buy a 5mm Allen socket. It's the best way to be sure it's the right size, and you can put max torque on that sucker. If you have standard hex head bolts, you probably already have the tools.

Normally heat is the answer, in this case impact, and probably a few hits with a hammer. In fact, for mine, I struck the head a few times with a hammer to potentially loosen, the loctite. Then tapped the Allen socket in to be sure I was utilizing as much of the wrench in the allen head bolt as possible. Then I hit it with an impact wrench. This worked on 2 out of 4. The other two, I spun and ended up grabbing onto the bolt head with a big-ass Vise Grip. They all came out clean. Worst case, I was prepared to pull the nozzle off, and put it in a vise if the vise grip could not grab. That was not needed.

It would be wise to run a tap into those threads on your nozzle to be sure they are clean for the new hardware before assembly. Take extra care not to cross thread. And avoid using power tools when assembling. That's a sure way to mess stuff up if they start wrong.

Good luck everyone. Those of us in the second batch will be waiting to hear results in hopefully one week before the holiday from you first batch guys!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
For those that are removing previous versions of the fins, now is the time to prepare for removal. Don't expect to crack the loctite with an L-shaped allen wrench. And with nylon washers, heat may not be an option either.

Will shared some tips and I will share what worked for me the last couple days to remove mine.

If you have the 5mm Allen head bolts, be sure to go buy a 5mm Allen socket. It's the best way to be sure it's the right size, and you can put max torque on that sucker. If you have standard hex head bolts, you probably already have the tools.

Normally heat is the answer, in this case impact, and probably a few hits with a hammer. In fact, for mine, I struck the head a few times with a hammer to potentially loosen, the loctite. Then tapped the Allen socket in to be sure I was utilizing as much of the wrench in the allen head bolt as possible. Then I hit it with an impact wrench. This worked on 2 out of 4. The other two, I spun and ended up grabbing onto the bolt head with a big-ass Vise Grip. They all came out clean. Worst case, I was prepared to pull the nozzle off, and put it in a vise if the vise grip could not grab. That was not needed.

It would be wise to run a tap into those threads on your nozzle to be sure they are clean for the new hardware before assembly. Take extra care not to cross thread. And avoid using power tools when assembling. That's a sure way to mess stuff up if they start wrong.

Good luck everyone. Those of us in the second batch will be waiting to hear results in hopefully one week before the holiday from you first batch guys!
Thanks for posting this. I've been busy with install manuals and editing video so this was not possible yesterday!! Hope to have video soon showing how to use these pointers.

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
OK took my Fins off, sent them back for the rebate and now I can’t find my original bolts,bushings and washers (come on-I know I am not the only one!) Quite frankly, I don’t remember how it was originally installed

Will, can you help us late shipment folks and send us quick “how to” so we can get our boats out in the water?
We need something like this......
5296F983-2540-4837-92C6-31B1AB057FB9.png

Last edited:

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Never mind. Found it. Although it is curious that the diagram does not show a nylon washer between bucket and the nozzle (wear point)
D14A81EF-0A29-4AF6-BDF0-1EC453ABEC20.png