• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Jetcat Recreational version

RV JetCat

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi all been a while since I posted any updates on our Jetcat project so here are some latest render images of the recreational version. This model is based on the same hull design as the rescue and military versions. using the same jet units, Scott 165 mm two stage s/s impellers, the power plants will change to Belassi 180 hp - 320 hp units. Interior see through images will follow but the cabin has a 1x large double or 2x singles running athwart ships and a stand up shower/head area is forward of the port side pax seating. Cooking will take place on a outboard BBQ (not pictured) We have easily towed 2 skiers (heavy buggers) at 50km/hr easy throttle, on the prototype sporting 155 hp weber engines. I will post more images as we get them I would appreciate any comments, feed back, and any questions are welcome.

\
Cheers
SteveWater_Door_Open_5.jpg Water_Door_Open_2.jpg Water_Door_Open_4.jpg Water_Door_Open_3.jpg

Attachments

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Looks pretty cool!
In the pictures it looks to sit very high in the water but that is probably running height not sitting height.
Love that there is a cabin, plenty of deck space, a head, and that it's a jet cat!
Any idea on what the top speed is? 50km/h would be great for cruising.
Any ideas on pricing? Surely can't be cheap!

This seriously would be the ultimate Bimini trip machine!

Evildwarf

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Really high free-board...how steady is she in heavy chop?
Good looking design....top speed??

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Good looking prototype! I'm sure most would agree that the graphics are quite girly and would need to be more edgy and sporty.

RV JetCat

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks pretty cool!
In the pictures it looks to sit very high in the water but that is probably running height not sitting height.
Love that there is a cabin, plenty of deck space, a head, and that it's a jet cat!
Any idea on what the top speed is? 50km/h would be great for cruising.
Any ideas on pricing? Surely can't be cheap!
The boat does appear to be a little high in the water that's just from the graphics people, will adjust this next image.
Top speed with 2x 320 hp power plants is unknown but with a build weight of only around 1100 kg power to weight ratio is excellent.
Pricing at this stage has not been finalised but we should be able to keep base price around AUD $150,00 Usd $110,00 all up inc Ali tandem trailer, (built here in Australia ex Factory)
However if we feel that the market in the US would support the numbers we would have Jetcat built there, and the pricing should be stable around $100K US.
This is a 6 meter catamaran with the room of a 8+ meter mono hull , and a stability factor far above similar single hull boats.
Cheers

<edited by admin to fix quoting>

Last edited by a moderator:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

RV JetCat

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Really high free-board...how steady is she in heavy chop?
Good looking design....top speed??

Stability of this catamaran is outstanding, as you may have noticed that the hull design is of asymmetrical configuration no that common on recreational boats of this size.
This design has been a long time in development and has similar characteristics to the much larger off shore ocean racing cats.
The bottom panel is flat aft for 2 meters and has a tunnel directing water flow into the jet intakes including a UHMW section incorporated here.
Jetcat will handle rough conditions but every thing has its limitations, so far we have had no conditions that would stop this boat but I guess some one will find that point.

RV JetCat

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Good looking prototype! I'm sure most would agree that the graphics are quite girly and would need to be more edgy and sporty.

Yes your right the graphics are a tad non blokey these will be changed ASAP but its the overall image. Skull and cross bones was rejected by the other company directors, HA ha I kinda liked it though

RV JetCat

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks really interesting. I think you need to look very carefully at the stern access and useability. A large swim deck or some such feature is a must for almost all boats these days...

Copy that, The swim platform is a must and we do have a design for this still working on fine tuning those areas, thanks for you suggestion.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Really nice prototype. Price in excess of $100K may be a challenge for a boat of this size but not saying that it doesn't have a special place.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
You have that prototype up and running? Got video?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Twin 320 h0? So 640 total hp in a 20 foot cat!?
A head and sleeping quarters with plenty of room for lounging out back?
It's worth the money and if i had it i would be asking for a few more feet and a hard top.
Can't wait to see this being made and sold!