• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Joining the rank and file...

nestofpirates

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Not much of a poster here, but love to read all this forum and thought I'd share...

Picked up a 2015 242 Limited tonight thanks to the folks at Beacon Light Marina. It was a pleasure to deal with them and totally no pressure.

I guess they are having a splendid year as the 21's were almost non-existent. I was actually looking for a 21 but they offered a fair deal on the 242 - the rest as they say is history. Well that and wife liked the 242....

I guess I'll be learning the ways of the Thrust Directional Enhancer and the rudder this weekend.

Attachments

Last edited:

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat @nestofpirates thats awesome. Post up some pics when you get the chance.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad you told us about it that's a great boat, did you upgrade from the AR230 in your profile?

nestofpirates

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Much to my chagrin I let her go early this year, in the hopes of finding a used ar240. I found the used market can be challenging - not everyone takes care of there toys and boattrader pictures might not always be current.

Guess the next stop is updating the profile.

Btw... Man do people here reply fast!

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Much to my chagrin I let her go early this year, in the hopes of finding a used ar240. I found the used market can be challenging - not everyone takes care of there toys and boattrader pictures might not always be current.

Guess the next stop is updating the profile.

Btw... Man do people here reply fast!
Faceboat! It's where some of us live! Congrats on the new boat

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat!!

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice boat. Congratulations.

bmb5150

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on your new toy.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

nestofpirates

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
...and first full day out on the water (south, rhode, and west rivers). Can't for the life of me figure out how to use just the "house" battery. If the start is off I have no power to anything. Seems like you should be able to turn that off to ensure it has power to start the engines for the ride home.image.jpgimage.jpg

Evildwarf

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat!
We love our '14 242, great family boat.

As far as the battery switch goes, I close the house and start circuits at the beginning of the day and open them at the end of the day and we have yet to have a problem with lack of starting juice. We run the stereo (stock) all day, bilge pump, blowers, plus lights at night with no issues. If you end up in a jam the battery switch has the third position (series or parallel, I can't remember) for directing both batteries to the starters in a low power situation. My understanding is just don't leave the switch in that position for any length of time. Never had to use it but it's there just in case.
Some guys carry a portable battery pack for jumping dead batteries....
Keep your batteries on a smart charger between outings if possible....

Enjoy

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like your batteries are wired wrong. You can have just the start battery turned on and it will start the engines but nothing else should work. If you have just the house battery on the electronics should work but you can't start the engines. The 3rd parallel switch can be used to combine both batteries for starting if the starting battery is low. Normally you keep just the start and house switches on for the day and then turn them off at the end. I would recommend getting a 2 bank battery charger to top off the batteries at the end of the day.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@nestofpirates - turn on your house battery then go to your Connext and push and hold the lightbulb hard button below the screen. You will then have radio and lights. Your auto blower and bilge will come on if set to do so.

nestofpirates

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@Bennie that did the trick. Thanks.

Once again everyone here is extremely helpful!

Reading the manual this week is already on my to-do list....

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Welcome aboard and congrats!

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Congratulations on the sweet new ride!!!! And welcome:Welcome:

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Congrats! I got mine from Beacon Light as well. Chris and Mike are awesome to deal with. I told Mike how we all take ours our to Bimini and he apparently uses that when talking to customers about the capabilities of the boats.

If you're ever up in the bay by Middle River let me know and we can meet up.

Lextacy03

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@nestofpirates I love Beacon Light as well. I always spend a few hours with them at the boat show every year. Welcome to the forum.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat. With all of the upgrades to the 2015 24' models, I think you will be much happier than had you went with a 21' that is yet to incorporate the latest changes.