• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Just got a '14 242 Limited S and wanted to say hi

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Was going to just Copy/Paste my post on another site but too much has changed since then so I will start a new :).

Long time boater, new to jet boating as of this year. Took receipt of a '14 242LS from South Valley Motor Sports toward the end of May and it's been fun so far :). Already spent 2 weeks at Lake Powell on it and overall I'm a happy camper. Love the layout, the power is about par for what I'm use to but with seemingly better fuel economy than I am use to.

I am in the process of getting some RPM issues figured out that are suspected to be due to the impeller pitch, hoping to have that squared away by July. (neither engine goes over 7K RPM and the port peaks at about 6K)... once I get that figured out, I'm sure the comment I made about the power being par with what I'm use to will change and hopefully the fuel economy that I like will improve even more!

For those of you in Utah, ... Hope to meet some of you eventually. I boat at Lake Powell usually 3-4 times a year as we have a (part ownership of a) houseboat on slip in Wahweap, and when we aren't at LP we are at Utah Lake or Jordanelle. I can't convince my wife to go to Pineview anymore since she saw a picture of a tiger musky that I pulled out of that lake and now she thinks that Loch Ness Monster lives in there (more likely it lives in LP).

Up to now I've been a I/O boat guy... Bayliner 1950 capri that we use as a fishing boat, and a Cobalt 200 (351DP) with a bunch of aftermarket added to it that we sold this year.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Welcome aboard and congrats on the boat!

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Welcome...nice boat! I have family stationed in Sandy

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome...nice boat! I have family stationed in Sandy
It's a beautiful (and safe) part of the state to live! Of course... it's no Lake City, FL but the spring and fall are great weather usually. Except for right now, crummy storm pushing through.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome Aboard and Congrats!

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Welcome aboard!!! Congrats on the new boat...

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome! And obviously then you have experience with mods.... :)

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
:) I quite enjoy mods. Just hard to let myself do it to the brand new boat :p. I'll probably break that mold of having my local dealer do everything for me next year... everything except shrink wrapping the boat. I'm never setting that carport up again now that I know it's only 250$ for them to wrap my boat for me!

Where is everyone getting the jetboaters.net swag? I've seen flags and beer cozy's so far.

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@sysinu Welcome James, glad your on board! I would be interested in how your ballast is set up and how well you like it? Maybe you could do a quick post about it?

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sure, right now my ballast configuration is very vanilla. under the back seats on port and starboard I have 400# bags in each with a highfly valve on the starboard side. I have two inlets from the stern each with a manual shutoff valve. Then I have an 800# bag in the ski locker. Each setup ski locker and aft has a switch just above my throttle controls for fill empty and off.

Once I get the ballast figured out better and get a fully surfable wake going, I'll document it up and get pictures. Until then, it just gives me a boost to my wakeboarding wake :).

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome aboard!

Sacamano

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome. Cobalt is a nice boat. I look at them every year at the boat show. I could not go back to a prop though!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

BlacklimitedS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Welcome! Be careful here as you will find many different ways to spend money! Great site with lots of information.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome! Be careful here as you will find many different ways to spend money! Great site with lots of information.
:) thanks! Yeah. My wife also tells me to avoid Marine-Products, as I don't even want to think of the thousands of $$ I've spent there.