• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Just got a 2016 242 limited s e series

jaldmd

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just joined and I haven't even got my boat yet. I do the on water orientation Saturday. I purchased the prepaid maintaince for half off. So I prepaid for the 10 hour and four annual maintenances for $1500 and got the seadek foam with snaps so it's not glued down and the upgrades Jl audio system without the tower can speakers, I didn't like the look of them. I also got the stoltz roller. And will be keeping it at a cover high and dry slip.

I came from a boating family and have recently been a member of freedom boat club. I finally got tired of them. I have never driven a jet boat but decided to make the leap.

I want to say thanks for all the info I got from here. From mods to the pick up checklist.

I plan on doing the shut off valve mod, move the ski locker strut so it opens all the way, are there any other must have mods?

Last edited:

Johmas50

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Welcome aboard! Sounds like you are on the right track already. I'm sure someone else will be along shortly to suggest some mods, but I just wanted to say "welcome"!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard you should love that boat. Just curious if you do not mind sharing how was your experience with freedom boat club and in the end what made you not like it? I have seen a bunch of stuff for them and just curious how it really works not all the wonderful things i hear in the adds?

jaldmd

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Freedom club has a good idea but needs more boats. For 3000 down and 250 per month you have to make reservations at least 3-5 weeks out so if it rains or something comes up you have to wait to go out. And half the boats are 19' flats boats.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Freedom club has a good idea but needs more boats. For 3000 down and 250 per month you have to make reservations at least 3-5 weeks out so if it rains or something comes up you have to wait to go out. And half the boats are 19' flats boats.
Thanks that was what I was curious about was if it was as easy as they made it sound to get get the boat you want on the day you want. Well you boat will be a big uporade over a 19ft flats boat you should really enjoy that. First upgrades are mooring cover and possibly a nice box anchor.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome, your going to Love your boat, my advise would get used to your new boat, enjoy it and certain mods will become evident with time.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I believe my first few mods were as @Britboater said -- after a few times on the boat. The thing I had added before I even took her from the sales lot was some guide poles on the trailer. They are very useful and if you trailer your boat will be used every time you go out!!

jaldmd

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You bought a jet boat without ever driving one?

As for mods....see the list in my 242 post....this is what I'm doing and considering once mine arrives!

Yes I bought it without driving one. My logic was, even if it is drastically different all it takes is some getting used to it.

jaldmd

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I will be keeping it at a marina and only trailering it every once in awhile.

I purchased some foam mats to make a padded rear anchor area, will that be sufficient or is an anchor box better?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I will be keeping it at a marina and only trailering it every once in awhile.

I purchased some foam mats to make a padded rear anchor area, will that be sufficient or is an anchor box better?
Where are the pads for?

jaldmd

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just to line the rear anchor storage area so the anchor doesn't bang on the gelcoat. I was also thinking of putting something to hold the anchor down too, but since I haven't even got my boat yet I will have to wait to look at the area

jaldmd

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have been reading up on scupper replacement. On a 2016 should I replace the scupper to a stainless steel one? Why should i replace it?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have been reading up on scupper replacement. On a 2016 should I replace the scupper to a stainless steel one? Why should i replace it?
Scuppers on the new models are above the water line (most of the time), so the risks are much lower for problems/sinking. It is something I will keep an eye on, but not on my short list of changes.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@jaldmd - May I also suggest installing a set of bow handles. IMHO - one of my favorite and most used mods. They come in very handy when utilizing the front ladder.
20160522_163919.jpg

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Scuppers on the new models are above the water line (most of the time), so the risks are much lower for problems/sinking. It is something I will keep an eye on, but not on my short list of changes.
Unfortunately @Julian the scuppers are still right on the water line and with any slight chop or wave action they are covered.
image.jpeg